Suggestion for Running shoes

I am dire need of a new running after the current ones are torn.

About me :
I am 5 11' around 85 kgs(187 lbs)
Normal pronation

My current shoes are Puma Faas 800. I Love them but now I want to switch to something else. I would be using the shoes for 10k+ runs 2-3 times a week and also for a full marathon in about 10 weeks. Just hit me with suggestions. Appreciate the help :)

Replies

• piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Currently loving my Nike lunar glides
  • I am dire need of a new running after the current ones are torn.

About me :
    I am 5 11' around 85 kgs(187 lbs)
    Normal pronation

My current shoes are Puma Faas 800. I Love them but now I want to switch to something else. I would be using the shoes for 10k+ runs 2-3 times a week and also for a full marathon in about 10 weeks. Just hit me with suggestions. Appreciate the help :)

I had gait anaylsis done and I also need a neutral shoe, I was recommended to buy either a shoe from the Asics Nimbus range or a pair of Nike Pegasus.

In addition I read a lot of reviews online before I parted with my cash and found lots of good reviews for the Nike Pegasus, so I finally went with the Nike Pegasus +28 (which were about half the price of the Asics).

I've done about 50+km in them so far and I love them, they felt a little bit bouncy at first but now I'm used to them. 99% of the people who wrote reviews that I saw said they didn't have to wear them in at all and that they were comfy straight away, which is what I've found too (I normally end up with blisters from new shoes!)
  • scandiebirdie
    scandiebirdie Posts: 58 Member
    I love my Nike Lunar glides too, but would really suggest (esp. with the distances you are running and plan to run) that you visit either ProRunners or something similar where they assess your running style, pronation etc. I'm going to my local ProRunner shop on Saturday for exactly that - but have an injury behind me and pronation all over the place :)

The "best" shops (IMHO) are the ones that are not "brand specific" - i.e. don't go to the local Nike emporium as they'll only suggest Nike shoes and no other brands, but where you pay a small fee for the assessment. They then suggest running shoes that will suit you (which could be any brand and even a "cheap(er)" running shoe as they don't necessarily get commission on brands of shoes sold, but earn their living from the assessments).
  • Normal pronation huh? The Nike Air Pegasus are the classic neutral shoe. Whenever i go down to the running shop for gait analysis i'm always put into a pair of Pegasus.

I'm slightly pronate so i'm currently running in a pair of Asics gel things. Which are actually quite good.

I reckon i'd probably bag a pair of the Pegasus when/if i become neutral. However, its all down to how the individual pair feel when you've put them on..... I tried 5 pairs last time, some were a bit too tight, some just felt weird.... the Asics's felt just right.
  • "neutral" not normal.My bad.
    I have been suggested gel nimbus 13 after gait anaylsis. One more shoes i was suggested with a little more support was Adidas Sequence 4m.
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    I wear Saucony Mirages - last years model - alot cheaper! They are from Saucony's natural running line - very little heel to toe drop, so it facilitates a mid-foot strike. I have 300 miles on them and they still look and feel new. I may go further down the natural line for my next shoe though - maybe a Merrell Glove?

If you try to support your feet too much, they don't get a chance to get naturally stronger.
  • "neutral" not normal.My bad.

I wasn't nitpicking, honest. :smile:
    (at least not consciously)