30 lbs in 12 weeks!

Options
I am so in shock. I can't believe this is ME down 30 lbs in only 12 weeks. I have tried so many times before, even using mfp. I believe a big part of my current success is that I am overestimating my portions, and I am NOT eating ANY of my exercise calories. As long as 1200 calories are logged, I am not warned about starvation mode, so I see no reason to eat what I don't want to. I also weigh daily so that I can see each and every new low as soon as it happens. Yes, it goes back up the next day, but comes back down. I have also learned that it takes 3 days for MY body to register a binge. That is helpful because I don't get excited the day after a binge because the scale dropped. This keeps me from permitting myself to continue bingeing.

Replies

• valcladdagh
    valcladdagh Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • joyoungolivia
    joyoungolivia Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    wow! thats brilliant! congrats :)
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    way to go! after my binge last week i actually dropped 1lb the next day and a few days later it all caught up with me! :( but im smarter now....trying not to eat back my exercise calories and i know this week will be btter! :) Good Job! 30lbs is alot and you are a great motivation!!!
  • MMark2012
    MMark2012 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Great! You are Fabulous! I try to stay at the 1200/day also. It happens for the most part! :)
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Wow!! That is awesome Congrats!!!
  • louiseyanne
    Options
    Well done !! I am on my way to this sort of goal too. ! 14lb in 6 weeks !
  • kel665
    kel665 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I can't wait until I can say I've lost 30lbs! :)
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    . As long as 1200 calories are logged, I am not warned about starvation mode,.

You realise your diary is open and we can all see that you're regularly UNDER 1200 and by quite a long way some days?
  • Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Thumbs up! That is really amazing! :flowerforyou:
  • DMUND
    DMUND Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Looking great girlie!!! Keep up the great work!
  • AimersBee
    AimersBee Posts: 775 Member
    Options

You realise your diary is open and we can all see that you're regularly UNDER 1200 and by quite a long way some days?

Yeah, I'd say great job if it was true that you were eating decently and were above 1200 a day. But also looking back at your diary, I see 13 out of the last 20 days you're under 1200 calories, some days under 800. If you have a medical issue and your doctor has okay'd being under 1200, then sure we can work with that. Otherwise I'd feel uncomfortable to congratulate and say good job when clearly your calories are under the "healthy" 1200 calorie range, and the foods aren't even in abundance when you are under 1200.

I hope that you're just not logging most things, for your own sake.

Don't mean to be mean. Just concerned. I wouldn't want younger individuals looking at this post and then peeking at your diary and think.. well if she can eat this little amount of calories and lose weight, then I could do it too.
  • Brenda_1965
    Brenda_1965 Posts: 314 Member
    Options

Yeah, I'd say great job if it was true that you were eating decently and were above 1200 a day. But also looking back at your diary, I see 13 out of the last 20 days you're under 1200 calories, some days under 800. If you have a medical issue and your doctor has okay'd being under 1200, then sure we can work with that. Otherwise I'd feel uncomfortable to congratulate and say good job when clearly your calories are under the "healthy" 1200 calorie range, and the foods aren't even in abundance when you are under 1200.

Don't mean to be mean. Just concerned. I wouldn't want younger individuals looking at this post and then peeking at your diary and think.. well if she can eat this little amount of calories and lose weight, then I could do it too.

Don't get so defensive! I'm not lying. There was one day that I didn't completely log! I had a bad day and let it go. Most days I am VERY close to 1200! My point about starvation mode was in relation to my NOT eating my exercise calories! I also don't log my snacks sometimes after supper by I'm too tired. Trust me, I eat the 1200 on most days even if my diary doesn't show them all.

1. I don't eat back my exercise calories.
    2. I overestimate my food portions now instead of underestimating the like I used to. For some reason it used to make me feel better to lie to myself when I logged only 1T peanut butter and actually scooped out closer to1.5. The scale did not lie when the weight didn't come off.

I think my message got misconstrued.
  • fredf2112
    fredf2112 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results! Whatever you are doing is working for you so keep it up.
  • KCramer12
    KCramer12 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!!! Keep it up! Sounds like u r learning your body tricks!
  • shantellrae
    Options
    Congrats on your progress! This is literally my DAY ONE of dieting - this is good motivation!
  • Southern_Belle89
    Options
    Great job girl! Congrats!
  • SMJ1987
    SMJ1987 Posts: 368
    Options

Don't get so defensive! I'm not lying. There was one day that I didn't completely log! I had a bad day and let it go. Most days I am VERY close to 1200! My point about starvation mode was in relation to my NOT eating my exercise calories! I also don't log my snacks sometimes after supper by I'm too tired. Trust me, I eat the 1200 on most days even if my diary doesn't show them all.

1. I don't eat back my exercise calories.
    2. I overestimate my food portions now instead of underestimating the like I used to. For some reason it used to make me feel better to lie to myself when I logged only 1T peanut butter and actually scooped out closer to1.5. The scale did not lie when the weight didn't come off.

I think my message got misconstrued.

I don't think she was getting defensive at all...just showing concern for you. I agree with her. Even if you are eating 1200 most days a lot of it seems to be coming from junk food which will be hard to sustain in the long run if you want to meet your macro nutrient goals.
  • beckyjo1987
    beckyjo1987 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ahhh you're not eating enough!! 1200 is unreasonably low for just about anyone, even someone who is trying to lose weight! I think you'll find that if you, at the very least, eat the bare minimum calories that your body needs to sustain daily function (this would be your BMR, and it doesn't include ANY type of physical activity), you'll find that you could eat more and still lose weight. Seriously! And when that starts to work, eat more (calculate your body's TDEE, which is your BMR plus exercise calories burned, and subtract 15% or so)... it's counterintuitive, but it's so much healthier to eat more than 1200 calories. At 1200, you'll completely stall at some point, and your brain will say, "well, now I have to eat less... then less... then less..." Not sustainable!! Eat what your body needs to fully energize you for life!

There are so many people successfully losing weight while eating upwards of 2000 calories a day... it's a real thing, trust me!

Check out this website for starters if you aren't convinced:
    http://eatmore2weighless.com/

Okay, I'll leave you to it.
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I too am hesitant to congratulate the speed of your success. If you were quite a bit heavier, eating 1600 calories a day, and losing 2.5 pounds a week, I would congratulate you and tell you to keep up your good work.

I'm not a doctor. I don't know you. Neither does anyone on this website. I simply hope this wasn't a crash diet, and you gain 40 back in the next 2 months when you start eating "normal" again.
  • SarahSosi
    SarahSosi Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    awesome work! congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!