turkey burger

Options
so im getting a turkey burger for lunch from a local burger joing but not sure about the calories. i haven't found a turkey burger that you can just pop in the microwave for lunch.

Replies

• stormdragon777
    Options
    This is always tough since you never know how burger joints "do up" their food. Maybe if it's a huge serving, eat half now and half later to space it out? That's what I'd do.
  • MereBear_81
    MereBear_81 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I buy the Jennie-O turkey burger patties and will cook them for dinner and take the leftovers for lunch the next day. Just pop the patty in the microwave and slap it on a whole wheat bun.

I do recommend putting seasoning of some kind on the patties before cooking them though. Makes em much better.
  • SugarHi
    SugarHi Posts: 452
    Options
    I have no clue! have you checked the freezer section of the store? You make some burgers ahead of time and nuke them when wanted? Sorry I'm not much help :)
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Turkey burgers are my fav.....
  • tmwebb
    tmwebb Posts: 21
    Options
    Are Turkey burgers good?
  • aerobicgirl
    aerobicgirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I buy the Jennie-O turkey burger patties and will cook them for dinner and take the leftovers for lunch the next day. Just pop the patty in the microwave and slap it on a whole wheat bun.

I do recommend putting seasoning of some kind on the patties before cooking them though. Makes em much better.

how long do they take to make
  • Palespyder
    Palespyder Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I do all my lunch and breakfast prep on Sunday after I get home from the store. This includes separating out 42 egg whites, cooking 7 Jennie-O Turkey Burgers, and putting them all in containers. I find this helps me out immensely when it comes to lunches as I just grab another container, throw a turkey burger in it with a slice of swiss on top, grab my cup of soup and head out the door.
  • LETIN1
    LETIN1 Posts: 38
    Options
    Turkey burgers are delicious. My favorite place to eat them is at Johnny's Rocket. When ordering the turkey burger, ask if possible wheat bun, hold the mayo, try mustard and avoid the cheese. But be sure to add the lettuce, tomato, onions and add a small amount of ketchup.

Enjoy!!
  • kelli_panzera
    Options
    i know 93/7 Turkey burgers are the same as 93/7 burgers...4 oz. =160 calories. if they aren't using lowfat turkey it's really no different than beef-high in cholesterol and fat. i know it's not good news, but maybe you got good stuff :bigsmile:
    i've been experimenting and sometimes would rather just use extra lean ground beef. i like turkey burgers, but the texture is weird to me...i do like to use it instead of ground beef if you crumble and brown it- in chili and stuff i think it's awesome!
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I find the turkey burgers from local restaurants are huge. I have them cut the burger in half horizontally, and divide the bun up, so i'm eating half the amount, then I load it with lettuce, tomato, cucumbers, peppers and pickles....the other half of my "open faced" sandwhich is eaten for my lunch the following day.
  • T_R_A_V
    Options
    they dont take long in the microwave for the premade patties, but make sure you bring spices like someone else suggested..
  • aerobicgirl
    Options
    well i am not eating bread for two weeks so it would just be the burger and veggies
  • T_R_A_V
    Options
    I find the turkey burgers from local restaurants are huge. I have them cut the burger in half horizontally, and divide the bun up, so i'm eating half the amount, then I load it with lettuce, tomato, cucumbers, peppers and pickles....the other half of my "open faced" sandwhich is eaten for my lunch the following day.

yah im with you on this...i pile up so much extra stuff on them to make em real tasty
  • cfischer81
    cfischer81 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Turkey burgers are kind of like hamburgers and can very GREATLY in fat depending on how lean the ground turkey they use is. I wouldn't count on any "favors" from a restaurant. I've been looking at this in the grocery store and one serving of ground turkey can be anywhere from 5 grams of fat (the 95% kean burgers I got at Sam's Club) to 24 grams of fat (saw in the grocery store just yesterday). I'd be very careful assuming a turkey burger from a restaurant is any better then a Double cheeseburger from Mc Donald's!
  • MereBear_81
    MereBear_81 Posts: 19 Member
    Options

how long do they take to make

I cook them in a skillet over medium to medium high heat for about 6 minutes each side. Not long at all.
  • aerobicgirl
    Options
    so i looked for the turkey burgers couldn't find them i did find the turkey sausage but that is a breakfast meal so i bought the boca burgers and the morning star veggie burgers