What words do you hate?

Options

Replies

• ruurik
    ruurik Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    On the forums, I hate the word "this" LOL. THIS! THISSSSSSSSSSSSS THIS THIS THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!! otherwise known as "I have no words of my own".

So who's going to hit me with it? C'mon you know you want to? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • nikkinoonarr
    Options
    Moist - the use of that word in ANY context makes me shudder.

I second moist!! I took a human sexuality class and the class started off by saying "slang" names of "private parts". and one girl said she has heard a vagina referred to as a "moist".

cannot hear or use that word without thinking of a vagina. ha.

"this cake is really moist". yep. im thinking of a vagina. LOL

I didn't think of vagina but from now on i will!

Yuk, me too now! There is a new word that I suddenly do not like!
  • karawRN
    karawRN Posts: 311
    Options
    Moist - the use of that word in ANY context makes me shudder.

I second moist!! I took a human sexuality class and the class started off by saying "slang" names of "private parts". and one girl said she has heard a vagina referred to as a "moist".

cannot hear or use that word without thinking of a vagina. ha.

"this cake is really moist". yep. im thinking of a vagina. LOL

I didn't think of vagina but from now on i will!

Yuk, me too now! There is a new word that I suddenly do not like!

glad i can share that hate of that word.... now that we are all thinking of vaginas....
  • chocaholic38
    Options
    Drives me nuts when the word "like" is used incorrectly e.g "he was, like, running" - it doesn't make sense it wrecks my head - either he was running or he wasn't - grrrrr

Other pet hates include

T for T-shirt
    Pant - when referring to a pair of trousers

Oh and the most recent courtesy of the Olympics - "he has a good chance of medalling" - medal is a noun not a verb, broadcasters should be banned from using silly words like that.
  • InstantSunshine
    InstantSunshine Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Moist, glistening tubes.

Isn't that revolting?
  • nikkinoonarr
    Options
    Moist, glistening tubes.

Isn't that revolting?

Oh that is vile. That made me laugh loads. More now to add to my list!

Valve! Now that is a gross word too!
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily a word but more of a phrase. "I know." If i'm talking to someone and all i hear them saying is "I know." Grrrrrrr Also, I don't like the curse word GD.
  • KS_4691
    KS_4691 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    MOIST. ew.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Drives me nuts when the word "like" is used incorrectly e.g "he was, like, running" - it doesn't make sense it wrecks my head - either he was running or he wasn't - grrrrr

Other pet hates include

T for T-shirt
    Pant - when referring to a pair of trousers

Oh and the most recent courtesy of the Olympics - "he has a good chance of medalling" - medal is a noun not a verb, broadcasters should be banned from using silly words like that.

Its Stephen Fry
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I dont hate word as such just silly 'txt tlk' abbreviations. If you are actually texting someone then fine but seeing Facebook statuses filled with m8, l8r, gr8, b4 and so on and so on... crikey, we speak English not Battleship!

Even worse was when my 60 year old mother sent me a message saying 'GR8!!!! C U L8R!!!!!!' Seriously? Mum? With all those exclamation marks you have abbreviated NOTHING! *head-desk*
  • RenfieldX
    RenfieldX Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    "At the end of the day..."
    "I'm going to reach out to..."

These get so overused at my work that they're like nails on a chalkboard to me. I was in a meeting the other day and the managing director used the phrase "at the end of the day" 21 times in a 45 minute meeting.
  • Iceman1800
    Options
    Politically correct. We've become a nation of whiners and cry babies. "That hurt my feelings" Too bad, suck it up and stop feeling sorry for yourself. If you let others control you by childish words, you are just a weak person.
  • allisona28
    allisona28 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    FART...Snot...booger...REALLY???? GROOOSSSSSS!!!! :grumble: :sick:
  • mscolleen2003
    mscolleen2003 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You know and like... both of those kill me.
  • bwdcjk
    bwdcjk Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I don't know that there are any words I hate per say - but I do HATE when people mispronounce words. My boss is FAMOUS for this! Example...futon is pronounced with the emphasis on the FU (FU-ton) not on the TON (fu-TON). And Pepto Bismol does NOT have a silent L at the end - you need to pronounce the L. Thank you. :smile:
  • missattitude57
    Options
    and also, belly...

it's okay when its belly button or something... But my Nan says, I've got belly ache, which makes me cringe SO MUCH!

Ugh! Yes!! My dad always calls it a belly ache and I can't stand it! Also super happy that I'm one of many who hate the word 'moist'! It has always made me shudder.
  • ravengirl1611
    ravengirl1611 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Mispronunciation of words - learn to enunciate and use all the letters you're supposed to and don't add letters in that are not supposed to be there

Liberry - makes me shudder and cringe every time I hear it.

roof - rhymes with goof - not ruff
    foyer - foy-yeah - not foy-er
    suposably
    Bro - unless you share dna with the person you are speaking to
    buddy - (actually this one doesnt bother me so much but it drives one of the guys I work with insane - he says "friends are friends, pals are pals and buddies sleep together - do NOT call me buddy"
    pacific rather than specific
    pasghetti - rather than spaghetti - unless you are 3yrs old or under
    the phrase did good - as in I did good on my test - no honey - you did well - I drove my kids nuts when they were younger whenever they would say did good I'd keep repeating the word well until they corrected what they had said - but they say it correctly now.
    dear - I am not an animal with hooves and antlers that runs through the forest
    thanks to an old boss - calm down, just calm - if I'm irrate there's a reason - telling me to calm down will get you punched in whatever body part I can reach
    and shoes - that one just annoys me - always has.

cutesy terms for body parts i.e. muffin or biscuit for vagina and crap like that except for bodacious ta-tas for boobs - that one always amused me

Im sure there are more but these are the worst.
  • wildflower0872
    Options
    Had to offer the word 'gusset' not sure if it is a Scottish, British or English thing but its the bit of your knickers between the front and the back! You get them in tights too - tis just a funny and horrible word.

Sitting here laughing at this thread!

:flowerforyou:
  • rdschill
    rdschill Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I hate the word precious. Hate it
    My wife hates this because of Lord of the Rings. So of course I always say it in my best Smeagol voice.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Hate Hate Hate the D word, scares me actually

Hahaha