Whats Happening to me??

Options
Ive been on here (MFP) For 35 days!! Ive done great and have lost 21 pounds!! Im so happy so i thaught id treat myself! Ever since saturday when i *treated myself* at mcdonalds iive been eating again!!! I gained .5 kilograms back!! Why is this happenig
How can i be as determined as i was before? I was so into it!! So determined! The excersise, the diet! Please Help Me!?!?

Replies

• GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    salt.

by the way, 21 lbs in 35 days is pretty extreme. You might want to slow the weight loss down a bit.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Someone on here said ' you are not a dog, do not reward yourself with food'
    I think it's true! :smile:
  • rboudiab
    Options
    What do you mean by salt?

And yeah i know :( I have been extreme :( But i need to lose this weight in the next months 15 pounds to go!
  • rboudiab
    Options
    I LOVE UR REPLY!! ABSALOUTLEY RIGHT!!
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Agreed - 21lbs that soon is way too extreme!! Cant give much advice as I dont feel qualified to (im still learning too) but my first thoughht is at that rate in such a small amount of time your body is possibly reacting, so switch things up a bit
  • GauchoMark
    Options
    After re-reading the post, I see you are saying you can't quit eating junk and want to get back on track? How many calories have you been netting since you started?

Getting back to my previous post, to lose that much weight that quit, I'd say that you are not eating nearly enough. If you change your goals to lose weight at a more reasonable rate, the cravings will be manageable instead of uncontrollable - like you are experiencing now. There are also other health reasons to slow it down.
  • GauchoMark
    Options
    What do you mean by salt?

And yeah i know :( I have been extreme :( But i need to lose this weight in the next months 15 pounds to go!

the salt in fast food can easily make you retain enough water to gain a couple of lbs.

why the deadline? You didn't get overweight in that same amount of time. Goals are great to keep you going, but deadlines are not in regards to weight loss. I see you are wanting to be a model... think about this, if nothing else, if you lose the weight that quickly, you will probably have a lot of extra skin. You can't be a model with a bunch of loose skin.

Its your body and your choice how you treat it, but that weight loss rate is unhealthy.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Ive been on here (MFP) For 35 days!! Ive done great and have lost 21 pounds!! Im so happy so i thaught id treat myself! Ever since saturday when i *treated myself* at mcdonalds iive been eating again!!! I gained .5 kilograms back!! Why is this happenig
    How can i be as determined as i was before? I was so into it!! So determined! The excersise, the diet! Please Help Me!?!?

you're not a dog, dont reward yourself with food!!!!
  • rboudiab
    Options
    I've been eating 600-900 calories a day and i do 200 calories worth of cardio if not more! I know its. Unhealthy!! But thats then and this is now!! I see youve lost ana amazing amount of weight!! What was ur daily. Intake and excersise ?
  • rboudiab
    Options
    I llove it!! :**
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    You fell into the same trap as many others. You went on an overly restrictive diet to lose weight quickly and then as soon as you strayed from it, you went off big time. Your body was starved for calories so as soon as it saw the opportunity to get some it began craving them big time. It's tough to lose so quickly and keep it off. If you are dead set on doing so, you will need a lot of will power.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    I've been eating 600-900 calories a day and i do 200 calories worth of cardio if not more! I know its. Unhealthy!! But thats then and this is now!! I see youve lost ana amazing amount of weight!! What was ur daily. Intake and excersise ?

all of the male models i have seen have fantastic muscles... by doing what you are doing, your body is eating the muscle to survive, so you will end up with a flabby 'skinny fat' look...

eat a significant amount more and start a decent strength routine before you do yourself some serious damage.
  • rboudiab
    Options
    So 1000 to 1200 a day is good?
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    So 1000 to 1200 a day is good?

try NETTING 1600 to 1800 per day.
  • jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Simple...don't eat crap (e.g. McDonalds) and when you lose weight that fast, it never stays gone and comes 3 times over. You need to be careful that you aren't starving it off.
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Ok....first thing...the sodium in fast food is going to make you temporarily gain water weight.

The more pressing problem is losing .6 of a pound A DAY and eating only 600 - 900 calories! NOT GOOD! NOT HEALTHY! And most definitely not sustainable! That is why after you treated yourself to McDonalds, you couldn't stop eating...you were HUNGRY! EAT MORE!
  • GauchoMark
    Options

I eat around 1800-1900 calories a day before exercise. If I exercise, I eat back the calories burned from the cardio. Some days I eat upwards of 3000 calories and still maintain a 500 calorie deficit and lose a lb a week.