less fiber, more calories?

Options
how can i decrease my fiber intake while increase my calories? i'm often under my calories (by 200-300cal) but waaaaaayyyyy over fiber amt (most days i eat at least 30 if not closer to 50-60)...

i'm a pescatarian (vegetarian that eats seafood) so naturally i eat a ton of veggies, whole wheats, etc...i really don't want to supplement my calorie intake with junk but i feel like when i try to eat more calories, my fiber gets out of control.....

any thoughts? ideas?

please help!!!!

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    The fiber amount on MFP should be taken as a minimum and as long as yu drink plenty of water the more fiber the better. I am only 3 grams fiber under my daily amount and still have 900 cals to go.
  • jquintinjr
    Options
    You want as much fiber as possible lol. It also makes your net carbs less if your watching that
  • EmilyT85
    Options
    I'm also always over my fiber. I don't think it's something you should worry about too much!
  • vanessadawn
    Options
    Fiber is good, but sounds like you are eating only fruits and veggies. Add more protein and healthy fats from avocados, nuts, coconut oil, fattier fish choices like salmon. Not sure if you drink milk or butter, but if so more cheeses and milk products. Hope that helps really a handful of nuts will fill those last few cals easily. Drink lots of water and the extra fiber should be fine, our bodies adjust to what we take in.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I agree, more fiber is good. If your GI can handle it, go for it! I eat about 25-30g a day and I'm doing good with that....
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    The more fiber the better!!!
  • m0m2three
    Options
    I recently got the Mayo Clinic Diet book & they recommend 20-35 g of fiber per day, & they also say that veggies & fruit should not be limited.
  • renee22
    Options
    thanks for the ideas - i should def add more nuts into the diet.....

i get worried when i go above 35g - i've read that it can cause lots of problems with your GI tract - some of the symptoms that i experience ....guess i'll have to up my water intake & keep looking for ways to add in calories w/o adding fiber.