Gummy Owls?

Options
I see all these advertisements everywhere for Gummy Owls for weight loss!! Have you tried them? They pretty expensive.

Replies

• savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    oh yah they are magic...get em
  • mensasu
    mensasu Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I hadn't heard of them so I google them. Lo and behold I see that the diet plan says eat right and exercise and you can lose 1 pound per week. Since you can do that without expensive gummy owls I would personally say skip them. Oh and two other words in the ad had me running for my life "DR OZ" :bigsmile:
  • Happy4lifeHHH
    Happy4lifeHHH Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    oh yah they are magic...get em

Yeah? How so?
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I believe she was being facetious.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    There aren't any diet pills, drinks, gummis, etc. on the market that can guarantee weight loss without the combination of a healthy diet and exercise because it's the healthy diet and exercise that is going to cause the weight loss. The most the weight loss supplement will do is give you some energy from what will likely be the massive amount of caffeine in most of them and possibly even make you feel sick or jittery because of the other drugs in them.

If there was something on the market that truly worked and made anyone that used it lose weight without having to do anything else then everyone would be skinny and there wouldn't be a weight problem in the US.

Save your money, eat right, exercise, and that will be where you find your ultimate success.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you'll lose a bunch of weight - in your wallet! Magic gummies - Yay!
  • Charliebarleymo
    Options
    I am literally rolling on the floor laughing. Which, incidentally, IS a good way to lose weight. Along with a sensible, calorie controlled diet.
  • Happy4lifeHHH
    Options
    All they do is control your appetite because they are made of this fiber that expands in your tummy but they are sweet to so its like a healthy filling treat.
  • bleacheblonde
    Options
    Gummy Owls???? I LOVE OWLS. And I love gummies. I want some.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Just thinking about gummy owls is making me lose weight!
  • vodkoffee
    vodkoffee Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Well I must admit, they're one of the cuter weight loss gimmicks out there.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Eat right, exercise, get enough sleep. You can even eat some gummy candies every once in a while. I'll guarantee you lose about 1 lb a week as well.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    All they do is control your appetite because they are made of this fiber that expands in your tummy but they are sweet to so its like a healthy filling treat.

Keep telling yourself that.

While you're at it, pick me up some. I love it when people flush money down the drain. Makes me all warm and fuzzy.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    real owls work better
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    it's "stomach" not "tummy", you are an adult
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to say you're not going to get a warm reception on MFP posting about any kind of diet aid. Most folks aren't even nice about it.

I took a minute to google these Gummy Owls. The actual fiber content, according to the nutrition label, is 1 gram. You can get more from a fiber chewable (4gm) or almost any fruit. Based on the ingredients, which include apparently vegetable glycerin, sugar alcohol, and stevia, these are just low-cal sweets. Note that these items are approved by the European Food Safety Authority. I have no idea what the reputation of said organization is. I live in the US, so I do note that they are not saying it's approved by the FDA.

All in all, I'd say you would probably do better with some sugarless gum. As a rule, there is nothing out there that can help you lose weight faster without a serious price. Regular appetite suppressants can cause mood swings. The so-called fat reducing pills can cause major incontinence issues. All in all, just eat right and exercise and you'll do better than any gimmick on the market.

HTH
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options

Eating high fiber fruit or vegetables will probably work better. And they're proven. Just be safe.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    drink a glass of water 1/2 hour before you eat. same benefit. much cheaper.
  • Happy4lifeHHH
    Options
    Are you kidding me?!! I wasn't even considering buying them I was just asking about them because Ive been seeing the advertisement everywhere.. Im not gonna spend money on stuff like that. I know how to lose weight the healthy way... And guess what I can say TUMMY all I freaking want ok?! It just so happens I enjoy saying that word.
  • Happy4lifeHHH
    Options
    it's "stomach" not "tummy", you are an adult

No **** Im an adult and I can say tummy if I want to, its just a word!!!