20 lbs Down - first Mini Goal (No pics)

Options
I began my weightloss journey on 7/27 at 165 lbs (I'm 5'2) and set myself several mini goals and one ultimate goal.

I have been struggling with my weight since the birth of my daughter (ok that WAS 20 years ago) and that excuse no longer works :-) I knew it was time to regain control over my weight and become healthy, so I could be happy! My doctor told me if I didn't do something to change my life - diet & exercise I would be diabetic and have heart problems within 2 years.

Today I hit my first mini-goal of 145 pounds, and I am so very proud of myself!!! I have lost 1 1/2 sizes (I was a 14 (some 12's) and now can fit into some 10's (depending on the style and designer), but 2 1/2 inches around my waist, 2 inches around my hips - those are the only measurements I took when I began.

I am not posting before and after pics until I hit my goal of 135 pounds by Christmas :-) I can do this!! I love this site and the support I have received from all my mfp family!! Thank you for keeping me motivated!!

Replies

• dawnp1833
    dawnp1833 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congratulations!
  • Luciabella07
    Luciabella07 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome, congrats! You definitely can hit that goal by Christmas, good luck! What have you done to get to where you are now?
  • goblynn
    goblynn Posts: 152
    Options
    great job!! I love mini-goals!!
  • hilly215
    hilly215 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! Keep up the good work, my friend! :smile:
  • marathon_mama
    marathon_mama Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you!:happy:
  • jessc4343
    jessc4343 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Well done!! Keep chugging right along :D
  • tessiscruisen
    tessiscruisen Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome, congrats! You definitely can hit that goal by Christmas, good luck! What have you done to get to where you are now?

Thanks!!
    I've been eating between 1000 - 1200 calories a day (avg) limiting my carbohydrates to <100 (<30 for first month) per day - (basically following the south beach diet) - but allowing myself 1 "cheat day" a week where I can eat whatever I want but still stay under my calorie goal. I drink 8-10 glasses of water per day and wear a fitbit. I walk a lot and have been doing a lot of "spring cleaning" and household renovations. I am now going to concentrate more on walking with added strength exercises to tone up.

My diary is public. It also helped that I cut way back on my wine/liquor intake - smarter choices.
  • tiffanympm
    Options
    way to be! Sounds like a similar story over here!
  • tessiscruisen
    tessiscruisen Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    UPDATE: Thought I would add some pics this time.

Weightlossjourneyat112012smaller-1.jpg

I bought a new scale, so although I have lost the same amount of weight - my beginning weight must have been off by the same amount (used the old scale for first 3 months).

Yay, I got it to work and scale down!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!