Everyone read! Don't eat this at Red Robin!

Options
Yesterday I ate the BBQ chicken wrap at Red Robin with a side salad. On MFP is says that the wrap is about 300 calories. That is wrong! I looked it up on RR website, it has 1500 calories! I couldn't eat all day yesterday after that :sad:

Replies

• ranibauer
    ranibauer Posts: 73
    Options
    Yesterday I ate the BBQ chicken wrap at Red Robin with a side salad. On MFP is says that the wrap is about 300 calories. That is wrong! I looked it up on RR website, it has 1500 calories! I couldn't eat all day yesterday after that :sad:
  • thisisforme
    thisisforme Posts: 28
    Options
    if you don't mind, what is MFP? I have seen it referenced several times.

Count it as a lesson learned and one that you shared with us. :smile:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    OMG thats a days worth of calories!!!!!!!!! I saw a list of the 20 worst foods in america on yahoos website. I reccommend anyone to look that up before you go dine out!!!!! Same situation!!! SCARY!!! THANK you for the tip dear!!!!!!!!!!
  • wildkitty505
    wildkitty505 Posts: 222 Member
    Options

MFP is My Fitness Pal , this site :happy:
  • 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options

My Fitness Pal

Oops! Wildkitty was faster than me. :smile:
  • wildkitty505
    wildkitty505 Posts: 222 Member
    Options

You should correct the calories int he database so someone else doesn't make the same mistake!
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options

mfp is simply a abbreviation of "my fitness pal"!:wink:

oops someone beat me to it!
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Did u eat the fries..cuz there cal count includes the fries.. i asked the server one day and they include fries...ouch if you didnt eat them then it was a little less.. but yes MOST Resturautns are HIGH IN CALORIES.. I work at Olga's Kitchen and get this a grilled chicken sandwicich on our bread is over 600 calories.. unbeliveable... I check a few websites if they dont post th ere nutritional value before i go.. its so hard to eat out with others isnt it.... sheeesh sorry you had to starve yesterday....:noway:
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I got a chicken sandwich at Red Robin and it was about 750 calories and that is w/out mayo! A normal chicken sandwich at home with same toppings, and cheese, and similar bun is 500 (and i think I overestimated the chicken calories by like 3 oz of chicken in my "comparison sandwich" so it is LESS than 500).

I think just something about walking through the door of a restaurant adds 300-500 calories!

One trick that can cut out a couple hundred calories on a sandwich (etc) is get your bread / bun seared not grilled. Grilled uses TONS of butter or comprable fat. Seared is just grilled without the butter. Same crunch, less fat and about 200 less caloreis in some instances!

I was devistated to learn that Bob Evan's biscuits (which I use as my basis for logging Cracker Barrel biscuits since their nutritional info is not available) are 300 calories each! I can easily eat 5 of them which is over a full day of calories! (I still eat them! But only 2 and I add some exercise to make up for it!) - DON'T eat the gravy at CB! The #1 ingredient is pure lard! (I worked there.)