"PAINFULLY" slow!

Options
This weight is coming off consistently and painfully slow. "PAINFULLY" slow! Every week when I weigh in, I just want to cry and quit! I am exercising ten times more than I have exercised in my entire life. I am carefully keeping my calories down and recording every bite. I just don't know what else I can do. I am blessed with this forum and all you lovelies. You taught me NSVs, and I am trying to focus on those and not the scale, but it is hard. Thanks for being here for me all you wonderful friends!

a few seconds ago ·

Replies

• crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Better slow then nothing right? :) Believe me, I know how you feel, but some progress is better than no progress. Have you tried changing up your workouts? You should change up your workout about every 3-4 workouts. Keep that body of yours guessing, otherwise it will get used to your exercise regime, and your body won't have to work as hard, which results in fewer calories burned.

Also, are you strength training as well? If so, that could be a reason why the numbers on the scale aren't dropping to much. You could be gaining muscle(which is a good thing!)

Good luck, you can do it!!
  • goblynn
    goblynn Posts: 152
    Options
    It didn't get there overnight and it isn't gonna leave overnight either.

Focus on all the accomplishments you have completed. Think about how good it feels AFTER a work out and how proud you are when you close your diary under your calories for the day. :)

I keep preaching about the Beck's Diet Book (it isn't a diet- it's only cognitive therapy to help you flip your negative/sabotaging thoughts into pro-active productive ones) it has done wonders to help me get out of the Painfully slow slump.

You can do this. Find some exercise you enjoy- make it more enjoyable instead of just work. :)
  • katweeks63
    Options
    Check your messages sweetie.