NSV - I think I see the end of that tire...

Options
When you're naked, everything shows. :sad: I used to avoid mirrors at all costs, because I didn't like what I saw. I avoided mirrors clothed - naked was totally out of the question.

Well, I still don't like everything I see. But I make sure every day to take a look at my birthday suit so that I can gauge the changes. And here's what I noticed today:

You know that bottom belly tire that always gets in the way? Well, I still have it. Two belly tires and one back tire, to be specific. They are ugly and stretch-marked and I get to feel their presence all the time.

But that bottom tire? I THINK I SEE THE END OF IT. It's no longer protruding quite as far. There is no abyss from the fold, where little gnomes go to hang out on their lunch break. I think my rolls are actually going to the wayside.

That may seem trivial to some of you, but really - it's an awesome feeling. So excited for the little things! :happy: :drinker:

Replies

• vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    YAY for losing tires! I just found out today from another thread that the weight of a avg tire is about 20 lbs, so in your journey you will lose a couple figuratively and metaphorically :)
  • smalleyez06
    smalleyez06 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    That is sooo exciting and I can not wait for that view on myself. Great job and keep up all the hard work!
  • Stenobun
    Stenobun Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Your post was so funny because I look at EXACTLY the same things on my own body, and I'm around the same weight loss as you are, so I've been noticing the same thing. I've been telling my husband, "Look, my spare tire is getting smaller!" Hee hee. I love reading people's stories on this site. Thanks for sharing.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    that's great! Keep going! I'm so glad to hear someone visually looking for differences instead of weighing every day, not that you said you didn't weigh yourself but you are gauging your success based on something else and I think that's great!
  • ghostpixie
    ghostpixie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Can't wait to see that for myself :)
  • sabrinalg
    sabrinalg Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Excited and happy for you! I see my tire shrinking to! :happy:
  • Tonya0605
    Tonya0605 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you! I experienced the same thing about a month ago. My "top tire" is all but deflated....LOL....corny, I know....but I was just as excited as you!! Congratulations again...kepp up the good work!
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    That is great. I think it is an awesome idea to look at yourself every day in the mirror in your B-day suit. It is the first step in feeling better in your own skin.:drinker:
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Good work! I giggled about the gnomes :laugh:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Mine left Saturday. Ive been wearing pants hanging off the edges of my hipbones and shorts that barely come down to the bottom of my ribs ever since. My midriff is my new accessory. Im having a difficult time covering it up for work.
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    TOTALLY GET THIS!!!! I have been doing the same thing every so often in the morning...or even when I get home form work and get changed. I never minded seeing myself in the mirror, except for when i was naked. then I got to where I didnt like what I saw and didnt like my picture taken. NOW, I am getting better and looking again!! SUCH a great thing when you actually SEE the results!!!

Only downfall...my "upper ladies" look like they are shrinking too!!!
  • GypsysBloodRose26
    GypsysBloodRose26 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! I am looking forward to this as well!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Well I for one, completely understand!! Awesome NSV, Congrats!
  • NuggetLovesEdie
    NuggetLovesEdie Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I love hearing about NSV's!

They help keep me inspired.

Good for you!
  • DarkFlutter
    DarkFlutter Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    That's great!

I can't seem to shrink mine. If I could, I think my confidence in the weight loss would be a lot higher. But that's the one area I can't seem to diminish.
  • Bearman45
    Options
    I get it. Good for you!

My wife always says she has a b00by-do... you know, when your belly sticks out farther than your B00by do?

Well, years ago she jokingly observed that I now had a d!nky-do. Nice. You get the idea...

My d!nky-do is gone. Woot!
  • Stenobun
    Stenobun Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I get it. Good for you!

My wife always says she has a b00by-do... you know, when your belly sticks out farther than your B00by do?

Well, years ago she jokingly observed that I now had a d!nky-do. Nice. You get the idea...

My d!nky-do is gone. Woot!

OMG now I have a roomful of people staring at me because you made me laugh. Thanks for that.
  • joannathechef
    joannathechef Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    YES!!!!

Well done keep it doing what your doing!
  • DDWeber0524
    Options
    That is great! I measured around my "tire" and will be so happy to see the measurements get smaller.
  • ber3023
    ber3023 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I laughed so hard at your post, mainly because it sounds like me! However, my upper tire is what I'm most concerned with right now! It's shrinking but I can't wait for the day that it stops looking like I'm walking around with an inner tube around my waist instead of just your average muffin top!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!