Skinny Rules

Options
Okay, I just got back from the bookstore with an impulse buy. I got the book Skinny Rules by Bob Harper.

My question is has anyone used this book with success?

Thanks

Replies

• Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Most of the reviews I read online were positive. :flowerforyou:
  • _Amanda_lynn
    Options
    Yeah I have seen that. So far its a easy read.

Hope to hear from more MFP users.

Thanks
  • prisy13
    prisy13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Really liked the book. Its not new information, but reminders of things we are supposed to be doing. One of the biggest challenges of our typical American lifestyle is that we depend to much on carbs (especially refined) for food instead of eating fruits and vegetables and lean meats. And that fact that people never drink enough plain water. Thats what the rules mostly incorporate. Eat good (whole grain and whole wheat) carbs early in the day while your body still has time to burn them off, then eat a ton of veggies and fruit and lean meats, plus water. It provides your body with needed fiber and nutrients to effectively run your digestive system.
  • brindy78
    Options
    I purchased it on Amazon a couple weeks ago. I had been struggling with what to eat and how much. There is so much information out there of how many calories you should be eating. I started this week with his diet and I've been following it pretty strictly (except for one small piece of dark chocolate with handful of almonds) and every single morning the scale has gone down. I am now to a number that I haven't seen since last year. I love how he tells you what to eat and when...gives you ideas for every single meal and menus to go with them. I also love the things he mentions to do at the beginning of the week to prepare you for success...hard boil 12 eggs, make his hummus recipe, make 1 lb. turkey meatballs, etc....that has saved me from snacking on things that I shouldn't! I am just happy I have FINALLY found something that works. I'm also on week 4 of Insanity...I know that has been helping too.
  • brittyboo07
    brittyboo07 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    how much have you lost already if you do not mind me asking?