going out to eat

Options
Im going out to eat tonight at Tully's, most of you wont have heard of it unless you live in central NY.....any suggestions for what kinds of things I should ask/order? They don't have nutrition info available because they are a small chain
any suggestions would be appreciated.
here's a link to the menu
http://www.tullysgoodtimes.com/T2 Folded Menu inside 49 pc.pdf

Replies

• scagle4008
    Options
    Fresh fruit...leafy salad with salad veggies...fat free dressing....half a baked potato.... steamed veggies....small chili.....Just a few suggestions to pick from....I am from Atlanta Georgia but perhaps your Tully's will offer some of these. Enjoy your meal out....
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Ahhh going out to eat can be a real challenge. You can pretty much get anything you want, but usually eating 1/3 - 1/2 of the portion they give you is recommended, especially for pasta and sandwiches. I went out a few weeks back and got a California Club and only ate half of it. That being said, 1/2 of it was 351 calories and that was after I took out the bacon and the mayo :(

Looking at the menu, I would say your best bet is probably the Balsamic Chicken Salad. Chicken = protein and balsamic vinaigrette is a good dressing in terms of calories. I would just get the dressing on the side though; because you don't want to being inundated with it.

Another thing to do is throw some of the things that look good to you into the database, and see what the stats are for them in a few of the listings. That should give you some sort of idea.

Good luck!
  • cheri03
    cheri03 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I just ask for a grilled chicken breast, baked potato and steamed veg. I tell them no butter or oil on anything (always say allergic) and I have no problem.
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Tully's! I've eaten there...I grew up in Upstate NY! Enjoy! Just stay away from anything fried and stay away from sauces or creamy salad dressings. Ask for sauces on the side and for balsamic vinaigrette if you have salad. And buffalo wings...forget it (oh how I miss real buffalo wings from upstate! and how I miss Wegmans! The nearest one to me, which I am very grateful for is 45 minutes away!) Good luck!
  • kimberlygo
    Options
    I used to live in Syracuse and have eaten there. They should have the nutrition info in the back if you ask for it. You'd be surprised sometimes things that seem low fat are cooked in butter and other high fat things.
  • ractayjon
    Options
    In looking at that menu I would choose --
    A salad with lite dressing and a burger (probably Turkey burger) but eat only half (take the other half home) skip the extras (chips etc)
    OR
    the deli sandwich with turkey and ham (The Tully) skip the cheese have mustard instead of mayo
    OR
    CAjun grilled fish

Just watch the extras....
    enjoy!
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    Grilled Chicken Salad, no cheese.
    French Onion Soup, no cheese.
    Half a Burger. veggies, yes; sauces/bacon, no.
    Smothered Chicken or Chicken Capri, no cheese.
    Either Pork Chop option.
    Cheese steak, no cheese, Chicken Bruschetta, no cheese, or Portobello sandwich, no mayo. Remove at least half the bread.

HTH!
  • ACarp24
    Options
    ugh, can't go to tullys, going to Curleys instead which=little hope of finding something. Will try to do the best I can but I guess I dont cheat often so if I do it won't feel like the end of the world. Probably wont end up eating that much anyways because I have a stomach ache. wish me luck