Hello there :)

Options
Hi there, Im new to the site. My friend referred me, so I thought Id check it out.
Ive struggled with losing weight since high school. Ive never been "skinny" my whole life because of my mom's side of the family and their lovely gift of wide hips. I dont want to be stick skinny. I want to be happy with what I see in the mirror. Im not afraid to admit that I weigh 200lbs. When I saw that on the scale for the first time the other day, I almost fainted. So, that was my wake up call that I NEED to be serious about losing weight! I want to get down to 165lbs ultimately, but I know it will take time and a lot of effort. Im going to start small and set smaller goals of 5-10lbs at a time, so I dotn over-do myself.

Anyway, I look foward to meeting people on here, beign motivated, and losing weight!!!!

~Kelli

Replies

• seasew
    seasew Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • arasm
    arasm Posts: 65
    Options
    Welcome!! & best of luck to you! This site is so awesome! All the people on here are great! So motivating & inspiring, you just can't help wanting to stick to the plan!! Congrats on taking the first step to a healthier you!
  • aphilbeck8
    Options
    Hey! Yes thats what it took for me. Im not real litle, but I am healthy and happy. But I went to the doctor and she said I was right at 200 on my cholesterol. so that did it for me. I don't want to be on medicine if I can help it. So I decided to start walking on my treadmill for the cardio. so far so good. Good luck to you, Remember, there is a lot of good support people on this site. Ann
  • kj5387
    Options
    Thank you so much. I feel welcome already :)
  • kj5387
    Options
    Hey! Yes thats what it took for me. Im not real litle, but I am healthy and happy. But I went to the doctor and she said I was right at 200 on my cholesterol. so that did it for me. I don't want to be on medicine if I can help it. So I decided to start walking on my treadmill for the cardio. so far so good. Good luck to you, Remember, there is a lot of good support people on this site. Ann
    It helps knowing that Im not the only one going through something like this. Thank you Ann!
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • shorty0j
    Options
    Hey welcome, I am new too i stared my diet on Monday and i already lost 5 Pounds and i am soooo happy :) i always struggled with my weight and i am very tired of hearing my family talking bout my weight .... so im here if u need some motivation ok :)
  • kj5387
    Options
    Hey welcome, I am new too i stared my diet on Monday and i already lost 5 Pounds and i am soooo happy :) i always struggled with my weight and i am very tired of hearing my family talking bout my weight .... so im here if u need some motivation ok :)
    Thank you so much, that means a lot. I started a group on facebook called "Skinny Me, Here I Come!". I have 54 members so far and I just started it on Monday night. Its just a group for ladies to motivate and help each other get to your goal. Not all of us want to necessarily lose weight...some just want to tone and be healthy. Its been great. Girls are posting healthy recipes, good work-outs and posting their goals so we can all keep track. Its sorta like a mini version of this group lol. If you are interested in joining let me know.