With friends like you...

Options
ilovemybuggy
ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
WHO NEEDS ENEMIES?!

I know you all have a 'sh*tty' friend story or ten....here is where you share them!!

Here's mine-

About 7 yrs ago me and this girl were THE BEST of friends; she was going thru some tough times and I would help her out however I could whether it be a place to stay for a night or buying some milk and basic foods for her and her son. We did EVERYTHING together; so naturally when I was upset over a recent breakup, I turned to her... told her all about what happened and she could see how hurt I was.... well, I guess she took it upon herself to get his number out of my phone, and called him.... she never told me about. it....fast forward a few weeks and she was dodging me, not answering texts, calls not returning them...I didn't know what was going on- for all I knew she was dead in a ditch. FINALLY a few weeks later I hear from her, she was pretty short with me- and I had a gut instict that SOMETHING was up....I asked her straight up if her and this guy had been talking, she told me no! That she would NEVER do that to me..... I guess she thought that I wouldn't find out- and that I would think it was totally normal for her to just fall off the face of the earth when we were pretty much joined at the hip until the breakup.

Long story short, she had been talking to him , every day in fact. They had gone on a few dates- and I guess hit it off. Nevermind that he completely shattered my heart- but she was my BEST FRIEND.... it's now 7 years later, they are now married with two children (she has dealt with him cheating and in and out of jail for the last 7 years) and they are still together. Really, some of you might say she did me a favor....and I agree- but it still stings; And honestly leaves me with quite a few trust issues- not only with men, but also with friends......

okay, enough about that.

Your turn!

Replies

• knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear what you had to go through but in the end.... You got the last laugh. Karma :)
  • jeddy3mcc
    jeddy3mcc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Uhhh They both need their butts whipped.

I had a similar situation happen twice. My best guy friend at the time tried to sleep with my (apparently unbeknownce to me, who was a *kitten*) gf. Instead of her saying No, I am with your best friend, she slept with him.

I don't have any trust issues from it I don't think. That was mostly my fault for dating a *kitten*, The guy and I aren't friends anymore. I see him sometimes and it is always awkward. I could care less about him and her. I had to move on. That was sophmore year in college.

The second was this girl i met online came to visit me at college and while I was at my baseball game slept with a random guy who was about 200 pounds heavier than me in the bathroom stalls of the boys bathroom. Clearly a *kitten*

She has 6 kids now. Surprised?????

I have had some interesting girls come into my life
  • flpmomi
    flpmomi Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am going to need you to text me.....who is this friend we speak of?????

And you know I have been thru some ish!!!!! I have trust issues left and right with male and females. Just about every female friend has taken advantage of me being a nice, helping person and boyfriends too. What I find funny is the ones who say that I let people walk all over me and take advantage of me and I should start standing up for myself and tell people no, are the ones who are doing the deed the most. Especially a punk *kitten* ex, who shall remain, nameless. :mad:

Love ya Girl!
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    I had a roommate who was getting married and, as a result, was moving out. Since our lease was up anyway and I had bought a fixer upper about a month earlier, I felt this was a good time for me to move out also.
    Anyway, once we had both moved out, I realised my Cannondale was gone. I called him and he denied having the bike. I wrote it off as stolen.
    About a year later, he was getting a divorce and SHE asked for my help to move.
    As I was packing her stuff up, I saw MY Cannondale sitting on the back porch. He told her that I had given it to him.
    Needless to say, I took it back.
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    I am going to need you to text me.....who is this friend we speak of?????

And you know I have been thru some ish!!!!! I have trust issues left and right with male and females. Just about every female friend has taken advantage of me being a nice, helping person and boyfriends too. What I find funny is the ones who say that I let people walk all over me and take advantage of me and I should start standing up for myself and tell people no, are the ones who are doing the deed the most. Especially a punk *kitten* ex, who shall remain, nameless. :mad:

Love ya Girl!

HAHA, Okay- i'll text you. I thought you knew about her already- maybe not. Text you in a few. Love ya too, boo! <3
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    Uhhh They both need their butts whipped.

I had a similar situation happen twice. My best guy friend at the time tried to sleep with my (apparently unbeknownce to me, who was a *kitten*) gf. Instead of her saying No, I am with your best friend, she slept with him.

I don't have any trust issues from it I don't think. That was mostly my fault for dating a *kitten*, The guy and I aren't friends anymore. I see him sometimes and it is always awkward. I could care less about him and her. I had to move on. That was sophmore year in college.

The second was this girl i met online came to visit me at college and while I was at my baseball game slept with a random guy who was about 200 pounds heavier than me in the bathroom stalls of the boys bathroom. Clearly a *kitten*

She has 6 kids now. Surprised?????

I have had some interesting girls come into my life

It's really not that big of a deal- lol i've had quite a few laughs at their expense. The best part was when she invited me to their wedding!
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    I had a roommate who was getting married and, as a result, was moving out. Since our lease was up anyway and I had bought a fixer upper about a month earlier, I felt this was a good time for me to move out also.
    Anyway, once we had both moved out, I realised my Cannondale was gone. I called him and he denied having the bike. I wrote it off as stolen.
    About a year later, he was getting a divorce and SHE asked for my help to move.
    As I was packing her stuff up, I saw MY Cannondale sitting on the back porch. He told her that I had given it to him.
    Needless to say, I took it back.

I would have too, what a douche.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    WIthout making this too depressing.. my best friend disappeared off the face of the earth after my fiance died.. when I needed her the most, I didn't see her for 2 months. The advantage though was that I found out who my 'real' friends were/are, and I have the right ones around me now :) She apologised and said she wanted to make it up to me, but then she didn't bother. Meh. My fiance never liked her, said she wasn't a good friend. He was right..
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    WIthout making this too depressing.. my best friend disappeared off the face of the earth after my fiance died.. when I needed her the most, I didn't see her for 2 months. The advantage though was that I found out who my 'real' friends were/are, and I have the right ones around me now :) She apologised and said she wanted to make it up to me, but then she didn't bother. Meh. My fiance never liked her, said she wasn't a good friend. He was right..

Yikes! Yeah, you're better off for sure! Sorry about your fiancee :(
  • Yummamamma
    Yummamamma Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have a few stores of my own, but in the end they led me to somebody fantastc.

Dont let your past screw with your future. I made that mistake for a long time
  • ZudiLo
    Options
    I sort of went through a similar situation.
    My boyfriend of 4 years had an affair with one of my best-friends.
    I was left heart-broken and with so many trust issues but I realize that I am so much better than them.
    I don't speak to either of them. Actually, the girl I was friends with tried to reach out to me a couple of times but as I am getting older I am realizing what the meaning of friendship really is. I don't (and you DONT) need people like that in your life.
    You are are beautiful woman and it takes a strong person to deal with something like that.
    It's good that you vented your frustration on this forum, but from one "heartbreak survivor" to another, let's focus our energy into something positive. I know its hard (trust me that wasn't the last time I really got my heart broken)....Last year, my fiancee broke up with me because he needed to "find himself". We were together for 7 years and lived with each other for 3, engaged for 1 year, before he broke my heart...I still find myself sad at times, but it gets easier each day.
    The gym has helped me alot. I know you can do i girl! Keep your head up!
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    oh, for sure! Sorry about your fiance- but you're probably better off! and as for the friend- she sucks at life. You're definitely better off w/o her. Way to be postive !!
  • GamerGurl729
    GamerGurl729 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    WHO NEEDS ENEMIES?!

I know you all have a 'sh*tty' friend story or ten....here is where you share them!!

Here's mine-

About 7 yrs ago me and this girl were THE BEST of friends; she was going thru some tough times and I would help her out however I could whether it be a place to stay for a night or buying some milk and basic foods for her and her son. We did EVERYTHING together; so naturally when I was upset over a recent breakup, I turned to her... told her all about what happened and she could see how hurt I was.... well, I guess she took it upon herself to get his number out of my phone, and called him.... she never told me about. it....fast forward a few weeks and she was dodging me, not answering texts, calls not returning them...I didn't know what was going on- for all I knew she was dead in a ditch. FINALLY a few weeks later I hear from her, she was pretty short with me- and I had a gut instict that SOMETHING was up....I asked her straight up if her and this guy had been talking, she told me no! That she would NEVER do that to me..... I guess she thought that I wouldn't find out- and that I would think it was totally normal for her to just fall off the face of the earth when we were pretty much joined at the hip until the breakup.

Long story short, she had been talking to him , every day in fact. They had gone on a few dates- and I guess hit it off. Nevermind that he completely shattered my heart- but she was my BEST FRIEND.... it's now 7 years later, they are now married with two children (she has dealt with him cheating and in and out of jail for the last 7 years) and they are still together. Really, some of you might say she did me a favor....and I agree- but it still stings; And honestly leaves me with quite a few trust issues- not only with men, but also with friends......

okay, enough about that.

Your turn!

Wow I had almost the exact same thing happen to me. She was supposedly my BEST FRIEND too. In face, I've had very few girl friends in my life who haven't screwed me over in one way or another. I typically get along better with guys anyway; they're far less conniving than I've found women to be. That's not to say that some aren't *kitten* too, they're just more direct with it.

Either way, I rarely let people get truly close to me. I have MAJOR trust issues.
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I know what you are going through....
    Same thing happened to me 7-8 years ago too with my Best Friend, but they were hooking up while me and my ex where still dating.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    Obligatory "How good of a friend are you to talk about people on the internet?" post.
  • Hibiscus1984
    Options
    Okay, here's mine:

Met my ex of almost 3 years past 5 years ago at a friend's birthday party. We dated for 2 years, lived together for about a year of it. Right before Christmas 2009 we parted ways to re-evaluate our relationship and expectations. The friend I had met him through was a girl I had been friends with since high school and while we weren't close friends we did hang out a lot. Well, it turns out that the ex had cheated on me which I didn't find out until after the girl he had been sleeping with died. Then our "mutual" friends were telling me all about it. That was it for me as far as the ex was concerned.

A few months later, the friend and her husband decided to divorce. She stayed in the area, he moved back to NY. I started dating a new guy and she was kind of seeing one of his friends. Turns out that while she was doing that, she was hitting on my current guy AND sleeping with my ex. Needless to say I haven't spoken to her in about 2 years.

The best part? Her ex-husband and I are now best friends and he's my roommate, so at least he and I got something positive out of all the mess.
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    Obligatory "How good of a friend are you to talk about people on the internet?" post.

Can't please everyone. Oh well. *shrugs* I guess I failed to mention SHE IS NO LONGER A FRIEND- But who cares.
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    One of my best friends for over 12 years recently decided that she had to create the life she wanted for herself and become the person she wanted to be. Apparently that meant that she no longer wanted me as a friend as she cut off all contact. The truth of the situation as I see it is I recently met a wonderful guy and started a relationship after being single for over 3 years and she couldn't handle it because she was single. She started pulling away and avoiding me as my guy and I got closer. It was her opinion that as soon as I started dating someone I no longer understood anything about being single or how hard it was to meet someone.:noway: And because I was happy it just highlighted that I had something that she was desperately wanting.

That email she sent telling me there was no need to take it personally hurt worse than any break-up I have ever had.
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    One of my best friends for over 12 years recently decided that she had to create the life she wanted for herself and become the person she wanted to be. Apparently that meant that she no longer wanted me as a friend as she cut off all contact. The truth of the situation as I see it is I recently met a wonderful guy and started a relationship after being single for over 3 years and she couldn't handle it because she was single. She started pulling away and avoiding me as my guy and I got closer. It was her opinion that as soon as I started dating someone I no longer understood anything about being single or how hard it was to meet someone.:noway: And because I was happy it just highlighted that I had something that she was desperately wanting.

That email she sent telling me there was no need to take it personally hurt worse than any break-up I have ever had.

You know those friends that can't stand the thought of you being close with anyone else. Like they get jealous over any kind of relationship you may have with someone else- whether it be friendship or a SO - they get jealous. I'm thinking that's the type of person she was??