Team in Training!

Options
Are there any fellow team in training-ers out there? If so, what event are you doing? I'm doing the San Diego Rock n Roll marathon!

Replies

• Schula03
    Schula03 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I am doing the Fargo Marathon!!!!! 5K only, its my first race!!! :)
  • GoNads
    Options
    I'm doing the Chicago Marathon - 10th October 2010
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    GO TEAM!!!! I am doing the Frederick Half Marathon and then either the San Diego Marathon or the Marine Corps Marathon...not yet decided.
  • mavsfan2009
    mavsfan2009 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    GO TEAM!
  • mavsfan2009
    Options
    maybe i'll see ya at San Diego, yoga runner :)
  • LolaMarie
    Options
    I am doing the Camp Pendleton Mud Run in June! Good luck everyone:tongue:
  • mavsfan2009
    Options
    My uncle is doing that one!
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Twin Cities Marathon 10/3!! WOOT!
  • gmvanloo
    gmvanloo Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    GO TEAM!!!! I am doing the Frederick Half Marathon and then either the San Diego Marathon or the Marine Corps Marathon...not yet decided.

Haven't done San Diego but Marine Corp is AMAZING!!!!!! I would recommend it to any one thinking about a marathon! I was totally trashed at mile 10 (went into it over trained) but the other runners and spectators kept me going for the next 16 miles. I even PR'd it.
  • YogaRunner
    Options
    Gmreber : So glad you prevailed and had a good run at MCM! I just decided that I will do it this year. So, I went to the site to find out when registration opens...and learned that they are offering guaranteed registrations if you attend the expo at certain events. I ran Disney this year and was at the expo but didn't know about it! Uggh! Looks like I'll have to take my chances on April 7th when registration opens and try to get in that way. If I don't get in I'll gladly do it by fundraising for TNT, but my husband is fundraising for his cycling event (the Tahoe Century Ride in June). Asking the same people twice in one year makes fundraising a bunch harder... we'll see what happens!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    HEY GIRL! How is your training going? I can't wait to start mine! Oct seems so far away. DETROIT 2010!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

Frederick Half Marathon as in Frederick, MD?? I am doing that one too...although, not with Team in Training. Good luck!
  • YogaRunner
    Options
    Satellite: Yup...that's the one! Good luck to you too!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options
    Satellite: Yup...that's the one! Good luck to you too!

I peeked at your profile and saw that you're in Columbia...me too! Do you run with the Striders at all?
  • YogaRunner
    Options
    I have not run with the Striders. I run with the HoCo TNT Team on Saturday mornings. I'm worried the Striders would be too fast for me:embarassed:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    Options
    I have not run with the Striders. I run with the HoCo TNT Team on Saturday mornings. I'm worried the Striders would be too fast for me:embarassed:

LOL. I am consistently at the back of the pack when I run with them on Saturdays...don't worry about it anymore, though. I'm just out there to train for myself, not trying to win anything. Some of those people are hardcore/insane.
  • YogaRunner
    Options
    Maybe I'll give it a try....once this snow melts! This is really insane! I'm from upstate NY, so snow is nothing new to me, but this is like nothing I've ever seen. I like the layed back nature of TNT. They are all very supportive of one another. Plus, my Mom has blood cancer so my connection to finding a cure is very personal. Hope you are safe and warm while riding out this storm.
  • mavsfan2009
    Options
    Maybe I'll give it a try....once this snow melts! This is really insane! I'm from upstate NY, so snow is nothing new to me, but this is like nothing I've ever seen. I like the layed back nature of TNT. They are all very supportive of one another. Plus, my Mom has blood cancer so my connection to finding a cure is very personal. Hope you are safe and warm while riding out this storm.

I'm going to start a blog about people that inspire me to do TNT so that those donating to LLS will have a better insight into why we are doing what we are doing. If you or your mom would like to tell your story, I'd be very happy to feature it on the blog (should be up by next week).

Also, I'm so jealous your husband is doing the Tahoe century. I think that will be the next even I train for.