Frustrated, or confused, no wait frustrated

Options
Ok, heres my dilemma. I've excercised relentlessly. Minimum four times a week. I'm religiously watching what i eat, and documenting it. A typical meal day for me is organic oat meal in the morning, a salad at lunch, If i need a snack i grab a yoplait yougurt. Works for me and i'm good with it. For dinner ( i work nights) i'll eat a lean cuisine or go to subway and eat off the Jared menu. For two weeks i have not lost a pound or gained a pound. I'm stuck! My reccommended calorie intake is 2060 calories a day to lose 2 pds a week. I've done the calorie counting and have gone over one time and only by 75 calories so i'm not even going to count that. then factor in the excercise i should be well on my way to my goal..But i'm stuck

Am i doing something wrong and not realizing it? if so what? help! I know i need to incorporate some weight training into my workout, and thats next to add. I've even lowered the calories to 1800 for a week and i my weight didn't move.

So like i said i'm frustrated or confused or both or simply just not doing this right.

Replies

• MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    How close to your calorie goal are you getting? Your food list doesn't sound even close. Are you exercising? Maybe some additional info will help someone figure out something!
  • kingnatalie
    Options
    Are you eating your exercise calories? If you aren't then you aren't eating enough.
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    Check your protein levels. MFP tends to be a bit on the low side, so if you're not hitting the MFP recommended protein then you're probably getting to little. Adquate protein affects your homones which effect weight loss. And sometimes it just takes a while for our bodies to respond! Good luck!!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I agree. My goal is 2350, and you can't be getting close with what you described.

I'd be willing to bet you feel miserable also. Eat,
  • ddss37
    ddss37 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Try "shaking up" your meals with some diversity. I read somewhere that your body can get used to the types of food eaten. Change up your meals.

Also - check your levels of sodium, vitamins, etc. at the end of the day. There may be something there as well.
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    not enough calories.
  • blonide
    Options
    Calories are calories, but are yo ueating a lot of carbs? also are you keeping measurements? you may be building muscle and therefore the scale is not reflecting this.. Id need to see your food diary to help point out any critical errors you may be making, if you are.

what are you doing for a wo? whta is your height/weight?
  • ambercole
    Options
    I know that this sounds redundant but EAT MORE FOOD!!! I did'nt listen until it was drilled into my head by all of the lovely people here, because our whole lives we were taught that if you want to lose weight, you gotta put down the fork! It seems to contradict everything we have ever been taught but by golly it works!!!:bigsmile:
  • mrtrt
    mrtrt Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm excercising about 400 to 500 calories. I'm mostly using the treadmill, and havent' incorporated weight training yet, but will soon. I am reaching my calorie goal, I'm only eating lean meats turkey, and chicken. Vegetables are fresh and hand sliced I snack like i siad with fruits or yogurts. I may not be getting enough protein, which might explain the drained feeling.

Ok I'm liking the feedback this is some great brainstorming. I truly appreciate the input

Cheers

T
  • fozzy33
    Options
    Are you supposse to eat your exercise calories?!

I read in Women's Health that you should eat your weight x 11

For me that is 1903 calories per day....

I usually get in about 1800 or so....Then i exercise 6 days a week with a 650-700 burn so I would take my 1903 plus my exercise calories of 650ish for a total of 2553.I know for a fact I am NOWHERE near this....

Michelle
  • tlynnweb
    tlynnweb Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    It would probably help if you made your food/exercise diary available for others to see so people can help you out!
  • bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I don't want to be the mean or scary one here but is it possible you are eating too much? You wrote what you are eating, but you said your daily calorie goal is, if i remember correctly, somewhere in the 2000's? Maybe that is too much if you are eating all your calories. I could be absolutely crazy, but I am really heavy, and to lose 2lbs a week, my calorie goal is 1500 by MFP standards which is much lower than yours. I am following that, and I exercise at least 40 lbs everyday. I am losing about 1-2 lbs a week on average. I think I am missing a lot of info, but maybe you could research some more and find out if maybe your calories should be lowered, or even made higher like some people are suggesting. But if you aren't eating all your calories, maybe you should. If you are regularly eating the meal plan you wrote out, you are not eating enough, and your body could be in starvation mode, especially if you are actually suppose to be eating those 2000 calories!
  • mrtrt
    mrtrt Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm going to bump up what i eat, and try that for a few weeks and try that. I'm also going to start some weight training. I did play with my daily calorie goal thing to 1800, and this is probably where i made my first mistake. I'm 6'4 and 275, I'm pretty sure that 1800 is just not enough. Then with the excercise. So back to the grind stone. Thank you for all your input

Cheers

T
  • bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Wow! Yeah! Good luck!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    You need to pull up your sugar and sodium in your food diary.

Yoplait yogurt - Lots of sugar.
    lean Cuisines, Watch full of sodium and some sugar.
    Subway watch the sodium in the meats.