Tips on drinking water when it's cold anyone?

Options
Hello everyone,
I always have problems with getting enough water when the weather changes and it gets colder outside. I try to force myself to drink at least 1.5l, but it gets more difficult the lower the temps get. Anyone has any fancy tips on keeping the water going even when it's cold? Especially on days with -5*C to -20*C. Creeps me out a bit.
I can drink tons of herbal/green/pu-erh/decafeinated tea, but I'd like to have water in my day as well.
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Nina1007
    Options
    I would just mark a cup of decaf tea as water. If it's difficult for you to drink straight up water, is there a good reason why u can't just do the tea?
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I always have problems with getting enough water when the weather changes and it gets colder outside. I try to force myself to drink at least 1.5l, but it gets more difficult the lower the temps get. Anyone has any fancy tips on keeping the water going even when it's cold? Especially on days with -5*C to -20*C. Creeps me out a bit.
    I can drink tons of herbal/green/pu-erh/decafeinated tea, but I'd like to have water in my day as well.
    Thanks in advance!

what about drinking it hot with a bit of lemon and honey in it, sort of like a tea? I didn't think I would like it, but I do...
  • Derinq
    Derinq Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    @Nina1007 - I enjoy water on a daily basis, especially when it's warm/hot outside :) In winter though, not so much. I might drink more tea as a solution. Thanks!

@sarahrbraun - I didn't think about drinking it hot with lemon and honey. That might be an option, though slightly more calorific. Gotta try this, thanks!
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I count decaf/herbal tea as water as well. I also find it easier to drink my water if I carry a water bottle or straw cup with me in the car. I can easily drink a bottle during travel time, and that adds up if I am driving around town all day!
  • MissPatty584
    MissPatty584 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I always log my tea as water :)
  • Derinq
    Derinq Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    @melodyg - thanks! I have no problem with drinking water as such, but with temps below zero, I simply feel even colder :)
    @MissPatty584 - I often do too, as I don't use sugar or anything like that, but I do my best to drink 6 glasses of water at least.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

what about drinking it hot with a bit of lemon and honey in it, sort of like a tea? I didn't think I would like it, but I do...
    [/quote]

This is what I do
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I drink it hot, either with lemon or an herbal infusion of some kind. Put a cinnamon stick in your hot water, it is delicious!
  • SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I would drink the water hot with lemon.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I count weak decaf tea as water. I also like sparking water with a twist of fruit. It makes it easier when it's cooler.
  • crazybusymara
    crazybusymara Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have never been one to drink really cold water - I usually add a dash of hot water to make it room temp - I always had liquid stevia and lemon juice - tastes similar to lemonade....
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I prefer room temperature water unless its REALLY hot outside.
  • stephaniec78
    stephaniec78 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Just try drinking the water at room temperature if you don't want to put anything in it. If you are drinking tap water just feel up a glass or water bottle and leave it sitting out for a bit before drinking. If you buy bottled water just don't refrigerate it. This way you are getting your water, but it shouldn't make you colder during the winter.
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    my gran always drinks hot water instead of tea or coffee ... always feel stupid asking for water in coffee shops... lol
    maybe try it warm see what you think?
    x
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I actually like water at room temp during every season but mid summer. lol I keep my water in my Brita filter pitcher... on the counter. My husband hates that! lol Lemon water is yummy too.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    Thanks in advance!

I have the same problem and it snows where I live. It's worse now that I have very low body fat. I drink a lot of herbal teas, more in the winter. But pretty much all year I drink my water at room temperature. I tend to like to chug down around 16 oz at once and I'm not really into sipping it. It's pretty hard to chug down cold water. On occasion I had MIO or 5 cal flavor packs just for fun.
  • angeltg
    angeltg Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    In the winter I try to get most of my water in the morning. I read somewhere to keep a large glass at your bedside and drink it first thing. I have been doing it this week and have been successful at reaching my water goals.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    tea IS 99.9% water...lol as i see it....with a dunking of a teabag..if that doesnt count as water-y i dont know what will! and when its cold out...thats even more reason to keep hydrated.. you dont want to look like a shriveled up raisin for sure.

plenty of hot tea.. is a great way to stay hydrated! just drink it without sugar...
  • leo02098
    leo02098 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I love hot water with lemon! During the colder days it's a nice way to stay toasty without the calories :)
  • candifrick
    Options
    I add Mio or Crystal Light to my water and let it sit awhile before drinking it.