iPhone 5 or Samsung Galaxy S3??

Options
L33B0B
L33B0B Posts: 10 Member
Hi,

i currently have a Galaxy S3 but have read alot of hype about the iPhone 5. just wondering what you guys think....

Replies

• corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Here we go.
  • L33B0B
    Options
    :laugh:
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    I had the iPhone 4. It was a great phone. I switched to the S2, and now the S3. Love the galaxy series. The only reason I choose it over Apple is because of Android. I like the freedom to do what I want with my phone. And it's bigger. Otherwise, doesn't really matter. They're both good phones.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I have an S3 and I have heard the opposite.
  • weeblex
    weeblex Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Hi,

i currently have a Galaxy S3 but have read alot of hype about the iPhone 5. just wondering what you guys think....

That's kind of like asking "Catholic or Jewish", "Ford or Chevy", people on one side of the debate will never ever listen to the other side
  • L33B0B
    Options
    I had the iPhone 4. It was a great phone. I switched to the S2, and now the S3. Love the galaxy series. The only reason I choose it over Apple is because of Android. I like the freedom to do what I want with my phone. And it's bigger. Otherwise, doesn't really matter. They're both good phones.

Couldnt agree more. used to have iphone 4 and switched for freedom from apple. i think they really need to do something special if they want people to go back to there phones.... As the S3 and android wipe the floor with them...
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I have an iPhone. 5.
    My humble opinion is: choose and IOS and stick with it. It's too expensive to hop back and forth between Android and Apple IOS and all the apps.
  • amylovescupcakes
    amylovescupcakes Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have both. I like my iPhone best! :) I'm lucky to work in the industry that I do!
  • L33B0B
    Options
    I have an iPhone. 5.
    My humble opinion is: choose and IOS and stick with it. It's too expensive to hop back and forth between Android and Apple IOS and all the apps.

say that money aint an issue though. which is best?
  • hellohappylisa
    hellohappylisa Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Well I don't buy apple products because you have no freedom (and they're laughably expensive), and I don't buy samsung products, because in the past they were known for cheap quality and crap products. Seems like it's changed now, but I'm perfectly happy with my LG android phone.

If I had to choose, I'd go S3.
  • djeff41
    Options
    IPHONE 5

It is soooooo FAST!! The screen looks amazing and the camera is the best in its class!!!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    IPhone downsides:
    Unique data/power plug, as opposed to standard micro USB available anywhere
    Battery not removable (I like to have a couple cheap extras for long trips, plus they do wear out eventually)
    Memory is built in - you pay $200 for $32 megs of flash memory that you could buy for $40 and stick into any phone with a micro sd slot, which is almost all of them besides apple.
    No keyboard choices - I prefer a particular Swype knockoff from the play store on my Galaxy. On iPhone, you are stuck with the one they give you.
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    here-we-go.gif

I've had Samsungs before. Hated theirs touch screens. When Sprint finally got the iPhone (4s), I praised the technology gods. Since my contract has a year left, I will enjoy my iPhone until then. But I'm done with shoddy screens and constant freezes. That's just me.
  • wcrathbun
    wcrathbun Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Bump... I am also currently contemplating a switch so I want to see your thoughts too!
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I love iPhones, but I went with Galaxy S3 this time around. Size and flexibility.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I'd say if you can wait, wait till the fall, Novemberish. The new Nexus line will be coming out, supposedly from HTC, but google hasn't announced who will make it yet. It'll be the most pure android experience, plus it will be top of the line.
  • urglewurgle
    urglewurgle Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Samsung all the way! I have an iPad and a S2... My s2 does more than the iPad.

The range of apps is much, much wider and I don't think there's any thing the iPhone does that even the s2 can't.

Also...

http://9gag.com/gag/5256966
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Hacker friend has been posting about the S3 having vulnerability issues lately. And my hacker friends are usually known for disliking the iPhones, but now two of them own iPhones...
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Who gives a damn. Buy the phone you like and be done with it, rather than feeling smug about your choice to others.
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I am also tossing around this debate.

I've done android basically the whole time and still have the Droid X. I am wanting to upgrade but torn between S3 and the Iphone5. The downsides to Iphone really dont bother me to be honest and specs wise they seems about the same.

So really it is a toss up for me. S3 I can go get today, but the Iphone5 is on a 3 week back order. That is the only driver right now which pushes me towards S3...but then again, S3 about to release a black version which I think looks much better than the blue and the white.

Choices....damnnn choices.