Healthy breakfast without wheat or egg...

Options
Howbouto
Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
I am allergic to wheat and I just don't like eggs. And I'm getting really tired of greek yogurt/smoothies!! Any ideas for a high protein (preferably low carb) breakfast without these things? I find my appetite is controlled best through high protein in the AM. Thank you!!

Replies

• Alpina483
    Alpina483 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Tuna?
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    chicken sausage!
  • thebowhunter
    Options
    chicken and turkey breakfast sausage, low fat cheese and a protien shake.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Any food. You don't have to eat "breakfast" food in the morning. Soup would be good.
  • joytron
    joytron Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I agree with ^, it doesn't have to be breakfast food! What about a massive bean and avocado salad?
  • Livingdeadgirl44
    Livingdeadgirl44 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Omlett :)
  • Livingdeadgirl44
    Livingdeadgirl44 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Ah you don't like eggs :(
  • elsiehutch
    elsiehutch Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know you are allergic to wheat but can you eat oatmeal?. I use regular oatmeal (not instant), made with 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup skim or 1% milk and put the other 1/2 cup of milk on it with a shake of cinnamon and ginger to pep up my metabolism. Then have 3 links of Jimmy Dean turkey sausage on the side. That might keep you full until lunch.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    BACON!
  • mrsjenfrank
    mrsjenfrank Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, while GF in its natural state, can be cross contaminated with wheat and other grains in the packaging process... so if you are able to get wheat free oatmeal, you're good to go. Otherwise, I'd be careful about eating it. Although, Glutenfreeda has some instant oatmeal that is really delicious. Little high on carbs though, but you can mix a scoop of protein powder into it and I bet it would be delicious! http://www.glutenfreedafoods.com/oatmeal.html

What about bacon, cheese and tomato on GF toast? Or ham, cheese, and tomato? I love to take meat and cheese and GF rice crackers and make little sandwiches outta them for a snack. I bet you could easily have it for breakfast. Is easy to prepare.
  • GCLyds
    GCLyds Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Rice chex or corn chex, its gluten free. Bobs redmill makes a great wheat/gluten free hot cereal. Quinoa is also a great hot cereal.
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Another fan of oatmeal. Not high in protien but will fill you up and burns slow.
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Thank for your suggestions, I've done the oats thing as well and burnt myself out on it. But I'm going to look into chicken sausage. I save bacon for the weekends (yum).
  • divemunkey
    divemunkey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I like to make sausage or spicy hamburger patties. I even like them cold, but they are easy to pop in the microwave for a few seconds if you want them warm. Cottage cheese is easy, too. I eat a few tablespoons while my dogs eat their breakfast and sometimes grab a piece of fruit to eat in the car.
  • amydriesbaugh
    amydriesbaugh Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I use the old fashion quacker oatmeal and add 1/3 scoop of vanilla whey protein. I also add a little cinnamon. I too am not an egg person. Sometimes I will eat Kashi cereal if I get to the burnt out mode of the oats.
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Cereal, fruit and yogourt/peanut butter, protein pancakes (can be made on Sunday and re-heated all week), smoothie (add protein powder to keep you full until snack time or lunch).

Good luck!