oatmeal???

Options
2»

Replies

• Squiggs67
    Options
    I find that a teaspoon of chocolate chips does wonders for oatmeal!

A teaspoon of chocolate chips does wonders for everything :smile:
  • Mama_Jag
    Mama_Jag Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I do white chocolate chips and raspberry jam. YUM!
  • tazdev01
    tazdev01 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
  • pcnkb
    pcnkb Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Love oatmeal
  • ssalmfp
    ssalmfp Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I prefer steel cut oats over other kinds of oatmeal. If you're getting bored with the texture of rolled oats, you can try those. You should also try some savory items in your oatmeal. My favorite is green onions and soy sauce. It sounds a little gross, but it's actually very good. If your diet allows, you can also put a little bit of butter or sesame oil as well. Sauteed mushrooms would also probably be pretty good. I also like roasted tomatoes. I bet a little bit of chopped sausage and a poached egg on top would be really good.

If you like sweeter options, put greek yogurt and fresh fruit (like berries) on top. You could also try slicing some banana in with it, or ripe peaches. It's getting to fall, so you can cook some apples (in a frying pan with a tiny bit of water so they soften, and cinnamon and ginger for extra flavors) and mix that in.
  • Sherylmarlee
    Sherylmarlee Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I loooove oatmeal! I mix my old fashioned oats with unsweetened vanilla almond milk and then add in peanut butter after it is cooked! So satisfying...such a comfort food for me! I sometimes eat it 2-3 times a day when I just can't help myself. It's just THAT good. :))