acai berry ?

Options
i am in the process of taking the acai supplement pure acai .. it contains freeze dried acai berry .. has anyone had any sucess with acai supplements? x

Replies

• CaseyChristian
    Options
    I've been considering it, b/c I've heard great things! Let me know if it works :)

I have been taking Alli for some time now, and not much results w/it.
  • justdoingit
    justdoingit Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Tried them all with no results, just a bunch of hype for a diet pill that does nothing. I have had good reults with drinking green tea though, which I just buy at the grocery store. I have read some good reports from Life Extension that green tea does aid in weight loss....
  • 3greatgifts
    3greatgifts Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I bought some at Sam's Club and have used them for about 2 weeks (2 a day). Haven't noticed any weight loss, decreased hunger or increased energy. In fact, I get a little nauseous when I take them.
  • Dukesjourney
    Dukesjourney Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I've never tried Acai Berry, but i have been drinking Green Tea since the start of my diet bk in December and have lost 17lbs, so far, but who knows if it's the tea or the diet and excercise. I also started taking adios about a week ago, with not much result, but could be bcoz of TOM, i'm going to keep taking till i finish them and see, but keep us posted of if acai berry works.
  • Dive_Girl
    Dive_Girl Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm a hard core believer in basic diet and exercise so I usually steer clear of trendy diets or supplements.
  • BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    One of my mother's co-workers tried the acia berry stuff and it made her very angry. COuld just be her, but I thought I would put that to you. :-)
  • Kgilmer
    Options
    I try to stear clear of them as well, because you never know what it wil do to you body long term. I had an uncle that destroyed his kidneys taking herbal diet pills.. If you watch what you eat and exercise you will see results. The problem with me is I dont. I will do really good, and then fall back into my old ways.
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    They don't work as a weight loss suppliment.
    Acai is one of the few "purple" foods in the world.....making them rare & they are a proven antioxident.
    I am taking them because of the health benefits....because they are good for you.
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Both my guy and I tried Acai supplements before we started on MFP. I noticed no results whatsoever...except maybe a lighter pocketbook.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    I use the AcaiberryTrim product - buy it Walmart... I started taking it while I was still working nights - not for any reason but to add to the anti-toxination and it did help keep me mentally alert for the night shift.... I'm still taking it. As far a weightloss product I don't believe it has anything to do with that for me. Just working this site has done more good for me than anything I've taken for weightloss.
  • sharnie_007
    Options
    thanks for all your imput :) i mainly want to take them for the antioxidant benefits such as being more alert and better quality skin .. if it heps me loose weight then great ... these ones are also definatley not one of the "fake" acai berry supplements! ... which i suppose is a bonus ... i have heard alot about green tea .. however i cannot stand the taste ... would adding honey help or would it be better to stick to sweetners and drink it regardless of how much i dislike it ?? xx
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    Acai is an antioxident. Great for immunity. BS for weight loss.
  • Dive_Girl
    Dive_Girl Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    i have heard alot about green tea .. however i cannot stand the taste ... would adding honey help or would it be better to stick to sweetners and drink it regardless of how much i dislike it ?? xx

Tea is like coffee, I would no more judge coffee based on Yban or Folgers nor would I judge green tea on the little baggies you buy at Walmart. Depending on where you live you may not have many options however, there are some really good loose leaf teas at Whole Foods and Trader Joe's. If you're lucky enough to have tea shops in your area then you can also go in for tea tasting...kinda like wine tasting. :-) I love good quality green tea, it has a very subtle fresh flavor and does not get too strong if seeped for a long periods of time.