Allow me to RE-Introduce myself...looking 4 support

Options
I have been on MFP for about a year but I have not seriously committed. I talked a big game for a while but I have finally started to take this seriously. I have a goal of at least 35 lbs by March when I will be going on vacation to Vegas, but my long term goal is about 60 lbs. I went through my Facebook pics from when I started at my job about 3 years ago...someone else mentioned today that since they've been here they gained some weight and it got me thinking. I have gained at least 40 lbs in 3 years and that is NOT good. I would like to be back at that weight by March for my trip, but I want to surpass that. I dont know how to post pics on here, but i'd love to if someone tells me how.

thank god for Facebook, it's a record of what I used to look like and what i want to look like again!

7 down, at the least 35 lbs to go!!! ...anyone that can lend some support please send me a friend request!

thanks!

Replies

• AlanM872
    AlanM872 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    baby steps i was 320 pounds last year, now i'm at 257 i just got this app like a few days ago to take it to the next level, it's pretty fun once you get the hang of it.
  • msaestein1
    msaestein1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Welcome back kells623! You look so hot on your Vegas trip. You will be hotter than before you started that job 3 years ago. :)
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    <--supportive friend here! sending you a request :D
  • Maymichelle
    Maymichelle Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I totally clicked on this message because you put Jay Z in my head by saying "allow me to re-introduce myself"...now I will feel the need to listen to Jay Z, as it is stuck in my head now! lol!

I am been committed to MFP for 360 days (as of today) & my overall goal is to lose 60lbs and have reached my halfway goal now. I am more than happy to motivate you & will friend request you. I am also open to finding new friends to motivate. I know you can totally hit your goal by Marcch if you stay committed. Facebook is a good record of our past pics...good & bad! lol =)
  • Vikinggirl1965
    Vikinggirl1965 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I can tell you is I'm a strong person, I quit drinking, smoking I eat right except the sweets. My real problem is I quit exercising when I got married 17 years ago and the time flew by.
    i could just cry when I realize how fast the time went by and I could have been done already. It is funny how we cant commit to just a few months, in reality that is all it takes when you eat right and exercise.
  • awake_atlast
    awake_atlast Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Same, been here for a really long time and didn't commit to it like I wanted to.My goal was to be to go from 98 kgs (216 lbs)in may 2012 to 88 kgs (194 lbs) by September 15th.. went down to 90 and gained back to 95.. being a senior Engineering student had a lot to do with the gaining, but now I am ready to get back on track and Mutual support would be nice.. I also would like to get ideas for healthy food variety as I am really tired of chicken breasts and veggies :D
  • MelSabourin
    MelSabourin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. In my last job I gained at least 20 lbs mainly because I was so stressed and always in meetings where I literally had a few minutes to squeeze in lunch (if that) so I was always either eating the wrong things, or would just drink coffee all day and come home starving and eat all evening. I changed jobs in May and am much happier at work so decided it was time to commit to losing weight.

Feel free to send me a friend request.

Mel:)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    welcome back! Just sent ya afriend request..

the first step is writing down your weight goal..now you just have to put a plan in place to achieve it! What is your work out regimen going to look like?