healthy is becoming a habit!

Options
So I just had to share my own little victory for the day. Today I hit my first 5 pounds lost. I know its nothing compared to people who have lost an entire person (I bow down to you), but its huge for me. Its confirmation that I CAN do this. The pounds arent coming off as fast as I would have liked, but I'm noticing very small changes in how I look. I wore a pair of jeans yesterday that used to be uncomfortably tight. Today I caught my reflection in the mirror and my stomach looked flatter. My neck looks slimmer. My face looks happier.

And even more exciting for me is that I am no longer obsessing over calories. It is just becoming habit. I do not NEED a pop. I can stop eating dinner when I am no longer hungry, instead of when my plate is empty. Things that used to be habit are gone, and healthy choices are coming naturally now.

I have not one athletic bone in my body. I only own a pair of tennis shoes because they were pink, sparkly, and on sale. I have been into a gym once in my entire life. But just now, I registered for my first 5k, taking place this thanksgiving. And I know that I can do it. I WILL do it. I am so excited about this new chapter in my life that I feel like crying and screaming from a rooftop. But instead, I am going to lace up those sparkly pink shoes, and go for a very slow, painfully awkward run. And I will love it. :)

Replies

• zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    That is great, grats on your successes.

Trust me the more you do it, the more "natural" it becomes to living this way.

It is like you are de programming yourself out of bad habits.

Anyways, good job and good luck!
  • cjgillespie
    cjgillespie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    how do i post before and 'after' pictures? ive been taking pictures daily and its crazy how much different my face looks in just a month
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    how do i post before and 'after' pictures? ive been taking pictures daily and its crazy how much different my face looks in just a month

You have to upload them somewhere.

Like either imgur, or photobucket.

Then it will show you a "forums" link, you click the link, paste it here

but you change the tags "[ I MG]" (remove spaces) to "[i mg]"

Hope this helps.
  • krisiepoo
    krisiepoo Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    OK, 1st of all, five pounds is a HUGE deal and congrats to you! You need to rejoice in the small victories! I set a ton of small goals for myself because they are reachable and celebratable (is that a word?).

5k's a great place to start because they are 100% doable. You can walk/run/jog/wog/crawl to the end, most give enough time to finish :) Have a great time!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!