Sharing recipes among multiple users

Options
Does anyone know a simple way my wife and I can share recipes? We each have our own myfitnesspal accounts and we cook and eat together a lot. I'm trying to avoid manually entering each of our recipes twice (once into each account). Ideas?

Replies

• French62
    French62 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue with my partner and would welcome the option to share the receipes I have typed in (especially as he can't be bothered to type in everything)
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue last night. I dont have an answer though. Would be interested in them looking into this.
  • Mmmmmegan
    Mmmmmegan Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My partner and I frequently run into this issue as well. We do everything on our phones so if I have cooked something for dinner she goes to her friends list, clicks on me, looks at my diary for the day where I have logged that particular recipe as a meal, and then hits remember meal to save it to her meals for future use. It's not ideal but at least it allows us both to be able to quickly log whatever I've whipped up in the kitchen.

Hope that helps!
  • christykirby
    christykirby Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    When you create your recipe on the website (not sure this works on the iphone app), you have an option at the bottom to publish your recipe to the MFP recipe database.

Christy
  • ckish
    ckish Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    There are instructions on the tech help supprt forum. Basically you log into the account that has the recipe you want in mfp. Add it to the diary. Open another web window and log into your account. Go back to the first window and hit copy to today. It should populate in your diary in the 2nd window.