Excercising with dumbells!

I have a set of 3 different size dumbellls. I havent used them in agessss. There just sat chillin in my wardrobe.. NEED to start excercising with them at home as much as i can.. I used to do squats with weights. That helped with my legs to tone them up. Now im looking for other types of excercises with dumbells.

Go ahead and post awaaaaay with ideaaas! :bigsmile:

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Hey sweetie,

I can write you up a program to follow if you would like =)
    x
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Here's a great routine:
    http://www.zest.co.uk/at-home/ultimate-dumbbell-moves/1789.html

I also love the book "Smart Girls Use Dumbbells" - I found it far more approachable that New Rules.
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    one of the best pieces of weight lifting gear you could have, there is not much you can't do with dumbbells.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    "Smart girls do dumbells" is a great book - and for the hard core lifters, don't smirk because the book's cover is pink - come play with me when I do deadlifts with 2 60lbs dumbells:laugh:
    Chalene Xtreme uses dumbells and I love it - great results...
    Google dumbell workouts - you will find lots.....
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    What sizes do you have? If you have anywhere from 3-10lbs you could do 30 Day Shred! I'm a sucker for that workout. Search for it on youtube. It's about 25 min for each level.
  • KatieMae75
    KatieMae75 Posts: 391 Member
    Bent-over rows can be done with dumbells. Lunges too. I'm not going to lie, I hate doing lunges. HATE them, but, they're a good exercise.
  • HealthyWarrior
    HealthyWarrior Posts: 394 Member
    Hey sweetie,

I can write you up a program to follow if you would like =)
    x

Would love a copy!
  • Cpsnisi
    Cpsnisi Posts: 22 Member
    Crunches or situps. Hold the dumbell(s) against your chest or behind your head. The higher up you hold it, harder your abs have to work to lift the extra weight.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Here's a great circuit to do with dummbells, takes about 30 minutes and works your whole body.

Do the circuit 3 times, no rest between exercises, just rest at the end of the set 2-3 minutes before moving on to the next set.

15 stepups w/ bicep curl (each leg)
    20 planks w/ kickbacks (no weights)
    20 glute bridges w/ weights resting on your hipbone
    30 walking lunges
    15 dips on bench/chair (no weights)
    15 kettlebell swings (use one dumbbell instead of kettlebell)
    50 situps on exercise ball (or on the floor if you don't have a ball)
    15 bent over rows (both arms at once)
    15 one legged deadlifts (each leg)