Emotional while exercising?

2»

Replies

• PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    You guys are Great :bigsmile: Not Cuckoo ~

I cried during my first Zumba class cool down. I had lost my Mom a few months prior and she loved listening to that type of music. Now that I know so many are crying I will probably cry during Step circut tonight!!!! :sad: , Since I'm emontional anyway. Keep up the good work tears or not tears :drinker:
  • ingot81
    ingot81 Posts: 600 Member
    I felt like crying after last night's spin class. We finished an 11 minute hill (with the instructor randomly putting his foot on the front wheel to add extra resistance) and I felt a mixture of exhaustion, relief and pride. Doubt anyone would've noticed though - I was sweating so much!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    I get weepy when reading the forums. :sad:
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    yeah... my roid rage gets out of hand sometimes
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Yesterday, I ran my FIRST 5k!!!!!! When I was getting closer and closer to the 5k.... I kept thinking of that Rocky run through the streets and I was getting real emotional! A 5k run for me is huge!!!! I know it's like a power walk for runners but for me to be able to run for that long was epic..... surely enough this is what I looked like in the shower...

tumblr_ldls8fTcl01qb3von.gif
  • PammyPanda
    PammyPanda Posts: 4 Member
    That is probably because as you start exercising, you start releasing stress and relaxing, which makes you more vulnerable to releasing emotions.
  • chrissypops
    chrissypops Posts: 112 Member
    Wow, I was embarrassed and thought I was just crazy... :P Thanks for sharing! I have to say that I get emotional quite often during my walks. Maybe its the quietness, allowing your mind to relax and think about goals, failures, stresses - maybe it's a way of releasing that stress - that is always an emotional process for me!

oh glad im not the only one then! I felt like such a fool sometimes, especially when i used to goto gym, the first few mins of step and my eyes welled like mad! Im glad im not alone in this, think it is an outlet of whatever is on my mind, but always feel better afterwards. its like a mental work out as well as a physical one :) xxx
  • chrissypops
    You guys are Great :bigsmile: Not Cuckoo ~

I cried during my first Zumba class cool down. I had lost my Mom a few months prior and she loved listening to that type of music. Now that I know so many are crying I will probably cry during Step circut tonight!!!! :sad: , Since I'm emontional anyway. Keep up the good work tears or not tears :drinker:
    aww huni. so sorry to hear about your loss sweet, its a hard path to walk as i lost my mum 23 odd yrs ago and it still gets to me. I think the cool down music in classes do get to me to as its always attached to some sort of memory in my life.. good as well as bad ! If you ever need to talk about ur mum.. or just have a general friend sweet, feel free to add and message me

chrissy xx
  • chrissypops
    Yesterday, I ran my FIRST 5k!!!!!! When I was getting closer and closer to the 5k.... I kept thinking of that Rocky run through the streets and I was getting real emotional! A 5k run for me is huge!!!! I know it's like a power walk for runners but for me to be able to run for that long was epic..... surely enough this is what I looked like in the shower...

tumblr_ldls8fTcl01qb3von.gif

well done hun thats a brilliant achievement! x but sorry that pic made me laugh hehee. xx
  • chrissypops
    That is probably because as you start exercising, you start releasing stress and relaxing, which makes you more vulnerable to releasing emotions.

your probably right there... im very emotionally connected, not often i let my emotions rule me, but im very aware of how i feel :) xx
  • chrissypops
    Thanks for sharing your stories. kinda makes me feel more human to know that the release of energies/emotions is doing me good. They say that exercise is a good stress reliever and thats becoming very apparant! xx
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Does anyone else find when they start exercising , they start getting emotional? Its not all the time but for the first 5/10 mins i can feel tears welling with a whole load of emotions, determination,tearful,bit of anger, frustration, happiness, pride, are but a few and it just seems to flow... is it just me? or is my body playing tricks!! xx
    It could be a form of adrenaline since you are getting so excited about liking an excercise.
  • Hi everyone,
    I also get emotional even before I start to exercise. I feel so stupid sitting there crying in the changing rooms at the gym. I am relieved to see I am not alone after reading these posts cos I feel like I am the only one at the gym crying! I am also worried I am being laughed at by all the really fit people and have to fight back the thoughts just o carry on trying xx
  • I can't say I cry, but I know I smile a lot. When I have sweat dripping down my nose, and going down my arms it makes me feel good. I live with pain every day of my life, and the endorphins ease that pain away. I end up in almost every workout session with very little pain, and a huge smile on my face :happy:
  • jen10st
    jen10st Posts: 325 Member
    I've definitely had over emotional moments usually at the beginning of workouts just as the stress relief starts to kick in. I'm glad I'mnot alone in this. Then by the end the endorphins make me feel like supergirl!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    I've never found the workout itself to be emotional, but if I'm emotional about something prior to the workout, the workout will amplify it. Like one day that I was really frustrated and on the verge of tears I sucked it up, pulled myself together and went to work out. I got about three reps into my lifting and the tears just totally overflowed and I had to stop and let it just get out of my system.

Or if things have been feeling overwhelming at work, then something as simple as a three mile run can start to feel like the most overwhelming workout I've ever done and my entire training schedule starts scrolling through my head and it just feels like a crushing amount of pressure.

But on days that I'm even keeled, the workouts are just the same ole, same ole. They've never sparked anything specifically that I didn't carry into it.
  • TimeFourMe
    TimeFourMe Posts: 104 Member
    Wow this site is great!!!! I had this happen today with my PT. I was so embarrassed. It has been a stressful week, splurged majorily on the weekend, Schedule changes ect... Anyways, I was on the stair step for the first time and my heart rate went up high on th easy level and I lost it!!!! My PT had to stop the workout to find out what was wrong. I just wanted to get back on. Not talk. Getting healthy and fit is an emotional rollercoaster. Didn't expect these feelings. So glad I'm not the Only one. Thank you ladies!!! Hope it doesn't happen again but if it does I will think of you all and know that we are normal. Yeah!
  • You are not the only one. A friend of mine told me just to stomp all your frustrations in the pavement. I have done that since I heard that and it really helps. All my worries and stress have been left behind.
  • BeautyDoll
    BeautyDoll Posts: 95 Member
    This happened to my cousin. She would breakdown during her workouts! I think she's pushed passed this but I thought it was "odd". I encouraged her to just cry and get it out and fight through it. She's been doing wonderfully!