In Honor of Fall!!! Share your Favorite Pumpkin.............

Options
Flavored Food or Treat!!!

Starbucks Pumpkin Frapps, my Weakness.......... :frown: :embarassed:

Replies

• Susan_Marie67
    Susan_Marie67 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Ingredients

1 1/2 cups coffee, frozen, partially thawed
    2 Tbsp. pumpkin, canned
    1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
    1/4 tsp. pumpkin spice, ground
    1 tsp. stevia
    1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
    2 tbsp. whip cream, fat free
    1 dash cinnamon, ground

Instructions

In a blender add coffee, pumpkin, vanilla, pumpkin spice, stevia and coconut milk. Blend until smooth.
    Pour into a glass and top with whip cream and sprinkle of cinnamon.

Notes

Calories for the whole thing including whip cream: 45.6, Fat: 2.6, Cholesterol: 0, Sodium: 8,9, Potassium: 35.6, Carbs: 3.9, Fiber: 1.2, Sugar: 2.2, Protein: 1.1
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    PUMPKIN ANGEL FOOD CAKE
    Ingredients
    1 cup canned pumpkin
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
    1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
    1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
    14 tablespoons reduced-fat whipped topping
    Additional ground cinnamon, optional
    Directions
    In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Fold a fourth of the batter into pumpkin mixture; gently fold in the remaining batter. Gently spoon into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Cut through batter with a knife to remove air pockets.

Bake on the lowest oven rack at 350° for 38-44 minutes or until top is golden brown and cake springs back when lightly touched and entire top appears dry. Immediately invert pan; cool completely, about 1 hour.

Run a knife around side and center tube of pan. Remove cake to a serving plate. Garnish each slice with 1 tablespoon whipped topping; sprinkle with cinnamon if desired. Yield: 14 servings.
  • careyannal
    Options
    I made these Pumpkin Cream Cheese muffins the other day and they were delicious! 130 calories each!!

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=155326
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Curried pumpkin soup *polishes halo*

Saute some onions and garlic, add pumpkin flesh, cover with stock, simmer until pumpkin cooked, add curry powder to taste and blend until smooth.

My fave pumpkin recipe (even pre trying to loose weight) and healthy too.
  • mdb543
    mdb543 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I am IN LOVE with pumpkin haha check out my blog for some healthy pumpkin treats http://fitandtoneforlife.blogspot.com
  • emydoo
    Options
    I love anything pumpkin but my family's specialty is a Creamy Pumpkin Soup. I added the recipe to the data base here, I think i just called it pumpkin soup. ^_^ I recently went Paleo so I've had to make a few changes to the one I eat now but the basic recipe calls for butter, onion, a smoked meat (I used to use Keilbasa but now I use and uncured sausage), garlic, chicken stock, pumpkin puree, spices including (but not limited to) curry, smoked paprika, sage, sea salt, pepper and a pinch of cinnamon.

Cook the meat to desired doneness, add onion and garlic and saute until softened and fragrant. Deglaze with chicken broth and add your spice blend and pumpkin puree and let simmer until you are ready to eat. Add cream or half and half right before you serve it.

PS- this soup is better by day 2 or 3, leftovers are highly prized in my house!
  • ohmykai
    ohmykai Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Gonna Add, Someone on my Friends List Message me this Protein Shake!!!

Pumpkin Cake Protein Shake!

1/4 cup pumpkin puree
    1cup unsweet almond milk (or light soy)
    1 scoop MGN Cake Batter Whey Iso Protein
    sprinkle some cinnamon and pumpkin spice
    -mix all in blender-

you can use vanilla instead of cake batter. (i order mine off bodybuilding.com or muscleandstrength.com which ever is on sale lol.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    If you're into the pumpkin frappes I'd suggest taking some coffee, Coffee Mate sugarfree pumpkin spice creamer, a little bit of stevia and cinnamon (all of this to taste, depending on how sweet you like it) + some ice blended up! Throw some cool whip free on top (or light reddi whip) with some cinnamon and it's tasty. :)
  • ohmykai
    ohmykai Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    If you're into the pumpkin frappes I'd suggest taking some coffee, Coffee Mate sugarfree pumpkin spice creamer, a little bit of stevia and cinnamon (all of this to taste, depending on how sweet you like it) + some ice blended up! Throw some cool whip free on top (or light reddi whip) with some cinnamon and it's tasty. :)

Oh thank you.. Just make regular coffee in the coffee pot? I am not a hot coffee drinker so it's foreign to me, lol!
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Yup, regular coffee. Personally though I use instant coffe (Nescafe Hazelnut flavor) but you can do whatever works best for you. I'm lazy so I just like to microwave some water and stir in the packet lol.

Mine totals to 62 calories also if you were wondering. :)

ETA: I also take the same mixture and drink it hot (pumpkin spice latte) or cold with ice (iced coffee) :P
    I'm a huge fan of everything pumpkin and this is how I avoid the calories lately haha