Oh my gosh .. I need motivation, seriously :(

Options
Just a few days ago I felt amazing, had no bloat what so ever, and looked good! I felt confident and super happy! I decided to have one treat the other day, one, and that led to two, which led to about 3 days plus today of eating like total crap. I understand it's probably just water retention, but it is SO bad that I attempted to put on a pair of jeans & shorts that fit me perfectly a week ago and now they won't even button or zip up without a huge muffin top. I want to get back on track so bad but I'm barely motivated. I want to lose some fat before Christmas but even that thought is making me cringe. I feel like I just can't stop failing myself. How on earth can I get back on track with my eating and exercise and actually STAY that way? :/

Replies

• peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Take it day by day. Not even 3 days of bingeing can harm you in the long run. Keep plugging away...
  • ashleereign
    ashleereign Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Everyone has a couple of days where they don't feel any motivation, and it just doesn't seem worth it to restrict yourself, but it totally is. A few minutes of pleasure usually leads to days of guilt for me. So if I decide to have a treat I will portion it. Enough for a taste, but not enough for the guilt. Drink lots of water and have a few good days and you'll be right back there where you want to be!

Good luck!!
  • dmarhal
    dmarhal Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Just do it! Stop the 'one man/woman pity party' and start over. We all fall off the wagon, that's life.
    Remember this, life hands us what it will, it's 'how we react' to life that determines what we do.
    So you're reaction is to whine. Stop. Now. Just look in the mirror and say " I'm starting over now".
    Then do it. Start tracking your food and get rid of any temptations. If they're not good for you they're
    not good for anyone else either. You can do this! You can! You are in control of your life. No one
    else. You make choices, you live with them. So start again making wiser choices. You can do this.
    You can! Don't waste you time on guilt. It's a negative emotion. And only YOU can make yourself
    feel guilty. Learn from your mistake and let it go. What's done is done.You can do it. You can!
    Now go do it!
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    We all have days like that. Just keep going!
  • fattypattybinger
    Options
    Sounds like water retention. Took me 3 days after eating Chinese to feel better. Drink lots of water to help flush it out of your system. Go for a walk too helps gt rid of the bloating. Not a 5 minute walk more like 30 minutes Good luck
  • bertoliniracing
    Options
    Take it 1 day at a time. No one goes forever without having things they shouldn't. Don't keep beating yourself up. Just start over. Every day is a new day with a new start. You can do it get back on track when the sun rises tomorrow.
  • DLKeeble
    DLKeeble Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Two days ago I posted almost the same thing to my friends. I had my first cheat day (whole day) 800 calories over. It has taken me 5 days to get back to the same weight. The weight wasn't the issue it was the continual cravings and snacking I did after that day. I'm finally back on track, but I don't want to have another "cheat day" again for a long time. It isn't worth throwing my body and mind off track. I am finally getting back into wanting to walk again. Just take one day at a time and drink plenty of water.