Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Let the weight loss begin....

Hi everyone :smile:

My name is Dianna and I am a 35 year old mum of 3 from Yorkshire. I am 5ft 2 and currently weighing in at 201 lbs :embarassed:

I really started piling the weight on after my youngest was born (now aged 7). It was during that pregnancy that I became ill and I was diagnosed with pernicious anaemia. For years it left me tired and with barely any energy, so very little movement and a serious Pepsi addiction saw me rise to just short of 200lbs.

I gained a few more pounds over the past 6 weeks as I quit smoking, and now that I feel great in that respect, I need to deal with my weight. I have my pernicious anaemia under control now and my energy levels are now normal, so with a low calorie diet and some exercising I hope to get to around the 10st mark.

The hardest part is going to be quitting the Pepsi, but hey...if I can quit smoking the Pepsi should be a breeze :happy:

I am starting my healthy eating tomorrow and really look forward to getting to know you all and getting familiar with the website.

Hope I didn't bore you too much and thanks for reading, Dianna :heart:

Replies

• 29forever
    29forever Posts: 59 Member
    Hi Dianna,

We have a few things in common. Same age, same height and my youngest is also 7. There came a point where I could no longer blame it on baby weight gain and own up to it. Welcome and if you would like some support feel free to add me. Good luck with your journey to a new you :)
  • tbruegg
    tbruegg Posts: 283 Member
    Welcome aboard look forward to seeing your progress. I am not much of a Pepsi drinker but when I do I have diet just saying...........
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    congrats on quitting smoking, if you can do that you are up for anything.
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Hi, Dianna. My name is Tracy. I am a 49 year old mom to five. I started my diet on August 20 and discover MFP 2 & 1/2 weeks ago. Feel free to add me as a friend:)
  • juliec33
    juliec33 Posts: 238 Member
    Hi Dianna,

Yeah for the quitting smoking. That's awesome! Kicking the Pepsi habit is hard, I know. I was up to about 12 or more cans of diet soda per day and quit cold turkey almost 3 years ago. I've only had a few sodas in that time and each time it gives me a horrible headache. But if you quit smoking then the Pepsi thing should be easy in comparison :-) Good luck! I look foward to seeing your progress.
  • madamecj82
    madamecj82 Posts: 207 Member
    Well the first step is starting the journey, so congratulations on that! Good luck to you on your journey and feel free to add me. I hope I can be a support. (That goes for everybody, too! =) )
  • Thanks for the warm welcome everyone !! I think I am really going to find this place a great help :smile: