*UPDATED would you consider my food for tommorow healthy?

Options

Replies

• jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    It's just not balanced. No fruits and veggies. Where are the whole grains?
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    No, not healthy- it is mainly processed/boxed foods and there are zero vegetables or fruits. Added sugars out the wahoo- granola bar, cereal bar, apple cinnamon cereal, Jif peanut butter...
  • MizzMalibu
    MizzMalibu Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This is a joke right?
  • pinkyleigh83
    pinkyleigh83 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'd change most of it. Lots of processed stuff. I don't care that it fits into your calorie intake, it doesn't mean it's good options for your body & overall health. You can easily lose weight without eating so much junk &'its generally cheaper too.

Fruits & veggies.
    Less processed, more real whole foods.
    Healthy fats.
    Whole grains.
  • meggyannpt
    meggyannpt Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason you have so many snack bars, but are not eating dinner? Pick a lower calorie snack (an apple has lots of fiber to help keep you full) and eat a good dinner. Skipping meals is not a good idea.
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    breakfast is definitley looking better!

My son is 22 like you and is learning to cook more, he really likes it AND the girls think its hot that he can cook....who could argue with that! :bigsmile:
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    No. I would add MEALS not just nuts. How do you not get hungry on that? Milk and peanut butter as a meal? You need fruit/veggies maybe some meat.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    breakfast is definitley looking better!

My son is 22 like you and is learning to cook more, he really likes it AND the girls think its hot that he can cook....who could argue with that! :bigsmile:

I've been cooking whole meals since 17 or so LOL. Living on my own by 19. :embarassed:
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I'd change most of it. Lots of processed stuff. I don't care that it fits into your calorie intake, it doesn't mean it's good options for your body & overall health. You can easily lose weight without eating so much junk &'its generally cheaper too.

Fruits & veggies.
    Less processed, more real whole foods.
    Healthy fats.
    Whole grains.

Plus, you're practically skipping lunch and dinner?
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    No, not healthy- it is mainly processed/boxed foods and there are zero vegetables or fruits. Added sugars out the wahoo- granola bar, cereal bar, apple cinnamon cereal, Jif peanut butter...

^^ This!
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    take out the granola bar and add a fruit if you want something sweet.

or replace it with some string cheese...to lower the sugar count.
  • SarahRea32
    SarahRea32 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    No. I'd get rid of all the processed stuff and replace it with eggs for breakfast with mushroom/tomato/spinach/garlic, lean meat/chicken/fish with veggies or salad for lunch and the same for dinner. Good snack choices are fruits (berries are the lowest in sugar) but always have a few raw unsalted nuts with it to give you a protein hit to keep you full, or veggie sticks with hommus (preferably homemade) or homemade guacamole. Protein shakes (I assume this is what the Jif-peanut butter thing is??) are good if you are working out (strength training) a lot as a snack, but if you have it as a meal you will get ravenous and probably end up binging. Good luck. Having said that, congratulations on how well you're doing so far and being open to change! Weight loss is one thing, getting healthy adds a whole other dimension :-)
  • sionnain
    Options
    fewer snacks, more fruits/veggies, don't skip any meals.
  • jlohcook
    jlohcook Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Breakfast looks ok. Lunch and dinner - eat proper meals, it is ok to have a good proper full meal, target 400-500 kcal, combination of carb, protein, veg, fruits. Stop all the snacking of bars, they are high in fats and sugar. And you are below your target, you will get hungry easily, and probably snack more.
  • luvsbks
    Options
    I don't eat healthy either. However I am losing weight and am usually within my calories. I don't like vegetables. Do what works for you. I don't like coming home and cooking dinner when it is just me. :smile: