on a scale ...

Options
Hi :-)

I know i should buy a scale but i been putting it off because of my insecure ego, we just moved, my ego, busy with work and school, oh and did i mention my ego :-\ i cant decide weather to buy a digital scale or the other one that moves back and fourth between numbers, as if its screaming for help :-\… does anyone know where is the best place to buy a scale also? Thanks for the help :-)

Replies

• 30Purple
    30Purple Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I just bought one on NoMoreRack for $23. It's digital and whatnot. I have an old school one that weighs me about 4 lbs lighter. So, I am going to weigh myself once weekly on both scales. I have a $10 coupon to NoMoreRack too if you want it :)
  • mosichd
    Options
    I just got a scale at Bartel Drugs a couple weeks ago, It is digital and very consistent. I can not remember exactly how much it was but no more than $25. I did not want a scale for a long time also but after getting one and watching the weight go down it feels good and very motivating. Put your ego aside and buy one, as soon as the pounds start to shed you will realize you should have done it a long time ago.
  • worldofme
    worldofme Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Honestly.....it's just a number. Dont let your ego get tied to the number as it will not dictate the person you are, what you contribute to the world, or the person you are fighting to become! Having said that...I very much like the weight watchers scale. You can find there nearest meeting place and time and go purchase it without being a member. I also have a digital one from Walmart that works quite nicely.

Don't fear the scale or the number....I assure you that you will very much enjoy seeing it change!!!

All the best on your journey!

~Sandi
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    A scale for weighing food will be more useful than for weiing yourself.
    You can measure you fitness improvements in a number of ways
    A) tape measure ( hips, waist, biceps etc)
    B) improvemnts in running/ walking ( how far/ fast you went today compared to last month)
    C) how much weight reps you can lift
    D) how many flights you can walk up before you get puffed
    E) how many sit ups, pushups, minutes of plank you can do.
    F) how many compliments you get on your fantastic figure you get each week
    G) how loose your trousers are getting
    H) fat caliper reading

You can only meadure your food intake by volume ( for most people thats inacurate) or by weight

As many ppl will say, " weight loss in 80% in he kitchen"
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about the scale. I had great anxiety about finally stepping on it. I was sc scred of the number. But now he number is going down, so the scale is less evil;)

I use, and prefer a digital scale. It weighs me within a half pound of the digital scale at my doctor's office.the brand I have is Tanita, I believe. I have had it for 8 or 9 years and it still works great.

Hope you find one you like and find the courage to step on:)
  • beefoutz
    beefoutz Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I, too, have "scale anxiety" but I will never be without one again. I lost my job a few years ago and was home all the time depressed, eating, eating more, etc. I knew I had probably gained weight but I was seriously shocked to find I had gained more than 30 pounds! I will never go more than a week again without weighing.
  • Rebekah718
    Rebekah718 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I weigh my self at work we keep a scale when we use to do a weight loss competion I am afraid if I had one in the house I would weigh myself all the time and become obssed with the number. I judge more on how I feel and if my clothes are getting loose. I have bought more mirrors around the house too so I can see the changes. I do rely hevily on my food scale though and use it all the time.
  • LCBinGA
    LCBinGA Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have a digital (with tenths of pounds) and it also measures water % and fat %, You put in several statistics (gender, height, weight) I believe it's a biggest looser variety. Love it. I also use a tape measure and follow those losses as well.

Word to the wise, always weigh/measure in the same flat floor location, always weigh/measure at the same time of day.