Stubborn belly fat!! help!!

Options
So I know this has probably been asked a zillion times but how do I get rid of my belly fat? I'm happy with every other part of my body. My legs and arms are looking toned and I can tell that I'm stronger. But the belly remains the same! I just started taking pure barre classes a month ago and I've been doing that about 5x/week (it's about a 50 min class), and I've been trying to run at least 15 min 3x/week for that added cardio. I know I could eat better but I think I've been doing pretty good and I'm usually under my calorie limit everyday. Once a week I have a cheat day, usually on Saturday now for college football, and I'll have a few beers and maybe wings or a burger. My diary is public so if someone could give me some suggestions I'd really appreciate it. I'm in a wedding in early November and I want my stomach to be flat in that dress!!

Replies

• EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Eat right and exercise. There is no spot reducing when it comes to fat.
  • ChrystalDutton
    ChrystalDutton Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    belly fat is the hardest to get rid of... im having the same issue and im sure we arent alone
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Belly fat is the hardest to get rid of and no, you can not spot reduce but in saying that, it would not hurt you to cut out the white rice and pasta and 6 beers? (yes, I know I am going to get people that freak out on me for suggesting that 6 beers is not good for you)

I also suggest upping your calorie goal and eating more protein.

RUN.
  • sburde2
    sburde2 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Belly fat is the hardest to get rid of and no, you can not spot reduce but in saying that, it would not hurt you to cut out the white rice and pasta and 6 beers? (yes, I know I am going to get people that freak out on me for suggesting that 6 beers is not good for you)

I also suggest upping your calorie goal and eating more protein.

RUN.

Yeah the 6 beers was a bit much (just graduated from college in May so still not out of that party mode on my Saturdays yet lol). Thanks so much for your suggestions!!
  • cutedollface
    Options
    The only eating program I have ever found to reduce losing over 100 pounds following the Pounds and Inches Protocol by Dr. Simeon. You can google it and there is tons of information out there. It totally reshapes your body and I have seen this in other people as well.

I had a pannis for years after birthing 15+ pounds of twins and then remaining obese for 25 years. My abdomen is now flat flat flat and I do NOT exercise vigorously ~ a gentle bike ride or walk. I have never been healthier. My focus now is on maintenance. As you can see, I let myself get out of the 2 pound range but am back at it.