Meal Planning

Options
Does anyone else on here meal plan?
I absolutely hate it,,, But I can't deny all the benefits
Being prepared, reduces the chance that I'll binge, save money on groceries, reduces waste....

I'm trying to build one now for next week. If you have any good recipes or example meal plans to contribute that would be sweet!

Replies

• cinden33
    cinden33 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I plan. Mainly because I dislike going to the grocery store and just want to get out....lol I also hate walking arund the store all clueless. However, I know I save money and it also keeps me from buying stupid things I don't need. Don't go hungry either lol I have always done this, even before I started to lose weight. Honestly, I believe that the meal planning has actually helped me to maintain my weight fairly well for years now. I also cannto handle weeknight chaos. i like to get home and know exactyl what i am making. I have tons of meal lists, but i don't know how to get hem to you becasue they are on this free app called out of milk and you cannot download your lists unless you pay :( Good luck..it's so worth it!
  • SpazzyMal
    SpazzyMal Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I wish. Right now I am sort of at the whims of my mother on when I can get to the grocery store at all, so I tend to just stock up on as much as possible while I am there because it's impossible for me to know exactly when I'll get back, or to which grocery store I'll go to.

That said, I'm doing my best to streamline at least two of my meals each day - I have a large salad, and a smoothie. My other meal is pretty much always a toss up, however.
  • alaskanaomi
    Options
    I want to be on a meal plan, I'm just clueless when it comes to nutrition. I wish I knew more. I have a friend who's a fitness trainer, and she's putting together a plan for me. When I have a plan in place, it's SO much easier for me to stick to it. otherwise I find myself slipping and cheating and pretty soon I'm eating whatever I want.
  • laurenk08
    laurenk08 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I plan my meals out for the week on Sundays usually! I do the grocery shopping on the weekend and plan out all my meals for the week ahead. It has helped me out a lot, I dont waste food that way and its a lot easier to not over eat! Of course the day is subject to change because things always come up, but I like having an outline and ideas for the week.

You could start by just adding the main course for each meal or just the meat portion, then figure out the rest later, just to help you get started
  • nixism
    nixism Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I plan as "in advance" as I can, helps me keep on track and stuck to my $$ budget too.
    So I'm winning both ways :)