Gym or home workout

Options

Replies

• garrarda
    garrarda Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Gym! It is a super motivator when everyone around you is working hard too. Also, I love instructor led classes...they don't let me slack!
  • Itsallbs15
    Itsallbs15 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I like to work out at home, where only my dogs can judge me. :D

I am in the same boat. My motivation to go faster on the treadmill is my 10 pound poodle nipping at my heals!!!
  • RMCoffey
    Options
    Home.
    With a small child, a husband thats up and gone by 5am, and a full time job myself - it's hard to justify being out of the house more than I already am.
  • Surisaddai
    Surisaddai Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I prefer working out at home. I have an elliptical, a treadmill, resistance bands and weights. I rather do it at home because I feel more comfortable when I am cursing everyone and their mother because of the burn :)
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    HOME!! It is easier to get it in instead of driving 15 min and back to the gym....with a full time job and kids, I don't have time to get to the gym. I can workout at home when everyone else is still sleeping or while they are playing......and you can't get Shaun T at the gym!!! LOL!!
  • omanitshann
    Options
    Home. I feel like I get in a better workout at home because I can go all out and get nasty sweaty without worrying about what other people think. I hate the gym, but I make myself go twice a week.
  • MizKittyB
    MizKittyB Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    For me, I prefer the gym, largely because it's a mental thing -- if I'm at the gym, I'm there to work out and that's it. If I'm at home, it is WAAAAY too easy to get sidetracked on other things, the phone ringing, getting interrupted, etc.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I like the energy of the gym but when press for time workout at home.
  • sirthickness
    Options
    Home! I have a great gym in my garage. One bay is fully framed in with a padded floor and all the equipment I need. Adjustable bench with cage, lat tower with all the attachments, olympic bar, curl bar, 400+ lbs of plates, d. bells, flat bench and 3 nice pieces of cardio. I have an iPod docking station for the weight area and a surround sound system with DVD and tv with cable for the cardio area. It's completely painted and decorated the way I like it; mostly Marine Corps, firefighter and cop memorabilia.

No waiting for equipment, no nasty sweat (that isn't mine) to wipe off, and best of all, if I want someones opinion, I can come here or check the net.

It cost me about what 3-4 years worth of club memeberships would cost and it's all paid for; no monthly dues. All I do is walk 20 feet to my garage, slide the pocket door open, turn on my music and have at it. It's a great place to be!
  • ConnieM20
    ConnieM20 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I like both, but Ill admit I push myself harder at the gym
  • deejayblitz
    deejayblitz Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I find I lack motivation to go to the gym when I can just put my trainers on and go for a run or do weights
  • lookitscaitlin15
    Options
    Home . I prefer to sweat and look horrendous in my own home :P but I also do find it hard to go to the gym. But in saying that, once I'm there I have to do a workout.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    i like the gym, more variets of workout lifting weights and machines. but i would do sit ups at home....idk why.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I'd rather workout at home if I had the equipment.... but I don't. Some day I plan on having a house with space for a little home-gym of sorts. I can't wait. It will be so nice to just be able to work out at home.. not have to drive all the way there, be around other people, wait for equipment that I need, wait until my son is in bed so I can go... etc etc.
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Home. Agoraphobia.
  • norabeth
    norabeth Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Home because I cut out mine and my husband gym membership while he is in school. I have a bow flex select tech dumbell set, barbells and a variety of workouts to keep my engaged. I also have 3 large dogs that need regular walks. When I go to the gym they don't get their long (2-4 mile) walks. Plus it saves me on gas by not driving to the gym and I can workout naked in my home gym if I want to :tongue: :laugh: :wink: :wink:

The main thing that I miss at the gym is the pool and the sauna.
  • dukes418
    dukes418 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    First choice is the Gym -- gives me all the reasons to push harder. Plenty of spotters there. Home workout is the alternative and I have most of all the equipment I typically use while at the gym -- minus a spotter.
  • keeannholmes
    keeannholmes Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I do both. I probably do more home than gym because I feel more comfortable in the privacy of my own space.
  • Neize
    Neize Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I prefer working out at home. I have an elliptical, a treadmill, resistance bands and weights.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I find more motivation and variety at the gym. I only have some low hand weights at home that I use when I do DVD workouts, but I really need to push myself to push "play," while I have no problem working out or pushing hard at the gym.

I also take yoga and pilates classes and I like the chance to get out of the house for a couple of hours during the day. My house is not set for workout equipment either.