curious how many calories burned when....

Options
So I live in a snowy part of Canada, and I'm out for walks pretty much everyday with the dog and baby stroller in tow.. how would I calculate how many calories that would burn.. there are different 'calories burned' under the exercise tab but pushing a 17lb baby in a stroller on snow packed and covered streets isn't listed. LOL, so curious as to what people think I should use..any suggestions?

Replies

• dolce7vita
    Options
    The only way to really figure it out is to get a heart rate monitor, especially for something like that. They sell them at all different prices at sports stores! But I would guess that if you used the tab for "walking while carrying an infant," it would be pretty close to the actual calories that you are burning.
  • mmrose00
    mmrose00 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    You may have to estimate your walk i.e by the suggested pace, ( walking leisurely etc). It's kind of hard to guess, what I have done was mapped out my trip on www.mapmyrun.com the site allows you to map the trip by the distance and time.

Otherwise, I have been advised to invest in an HRM. This may be your best bet...

Cheers to your continued success!!!
  • rstarks54
    Options
    I'll just say you got your burn in today!!! Best to you always!
  • newmomma29
    newmomma29 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips!!!