What kinda bread to u eat?

Options
I seem to grab different types/brands of bread everytime I go to the store. When I'm at the store I'm confused, wheat this, whole wheat etc. Does anyone have any suggestions so I can just run to the store and look for a specific kind, Thanks

P.S. I'm trying to keep my carbs around 150, and i'm struggling at times.

Replies

• BetterVersion
    Options
    I like the Sara Lee 45 calories and delightful plain wheat bread.
  • kris621
    Options
    I like the Arnold snadwich rounds - the whole wheat ones!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    I buy Arnolds Sandwich Thins - only 22 carbs!
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I eat any bread that is whole grain....depends on what is on sale the week I need it, but as long as it is whole grain, I buy it.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I seem to grab different types/brands of bread everytime I go to the store. When I'm at the store I'm confused, wheat this, whole wheat etc. Does anyone have any suggestions so I can just run to the store and look for a specific kind, Thanks

P.S. I'm trying to keep my carbs around 150, and i'm struggling at times.

I just get my store brand (Market Basket) light oatmeal. It's ony 35 cals. & 8 g's carbs per slice. :smile:
  • gym_rat
    Options
    Rudi's Bakery Organic Double Fiber bread. It doesn't have all the crap that a lot of other breads have. Yeah, it's 100 calories a slice... but I'd rather eat the extra calories than the crap they pack into conventional bread.
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!! I have some options now!! I think I can save some calories playing with my bread.
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    I always get whole wheat bread, always have...just like the stuff. I usually buy nature's own, it has 50 calories per slice, not sure of the carb count. I would like to try those Arnold things!
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I honestly stay away from bread unless I'm doing a turkey burger or something like that. Tortillas are high in sodium so I cut out my breakfast wraps and now do oatmeal with pecans and a scoop of protein powder. I like the arnolds or pepperidge farm deli flats. Tonight we had a great veggie soup with some trader joe's chicken sausage and while my husband had a slice of white bread to dip, I grabbed a wasa cracker and dipped that. It was nice and crunchy.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I like the Sara Lee 45 calories and delightful plain wheat bread.

me too! low cals, light and fluffy.

If I want a dense bread I buy Nature's Own Whole Grain. Then I only eat 1 pc though
  • tarazena
    tarazena Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    When getting bread there is a big difference between "whole wheat" and "whole grain". Whole grain is what you need. The best bread that delivers nutrients and big flavour is the company 'Food for Life' and the brand is 'Ezekiel 4:9'...it is organic sprouted grains. It is 80 calories a slice..and I usually am good with only 1 slice. You feel good after 1 piece. There is 4 g of protein in each slice. There is some carbs in it...14g but check it out as there is 3g of fibre. I wouldn't eat any other kind of bread now that I tried this.
  • ActSingMom
    ActSingMom Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I like Arnold Multi-Grain Sandwich Thins. Delicious. Usually, I just don't eat bread, though.
  • spomaney
    spomaney Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love Oroweat sandwich thins. Taste awesome!
  • mmrose00
    mmrose00 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Arnold - Double Fiber and Wheat Pita .. <3 THEM!
  • gnme4243
    gnme4243 Posts: 120
    Options
    Ezekiel 4:9, awesome stuff!:flowerforyou:
  • homemom05
    homemom05 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I always get the Sara Lee 100% Honey whole wheat and if their out I get the Sara Lee Classic Honey Wheat. The next time I go to the store I'll try the 45 calorie delight....I wonder if it taste different.
  • chai10
    Options
    NONE. You have to cut all bread out, worst for you.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Nah you don't.

Nature's Own 100% whole wheat, sugar free. It is all natural, no MSG or preservatives, and no added sugar. Only 50 calories per slice.
  • 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Options
    I like the Sara Lee 45 calories and delightful multi-grain or whole wheat. They are both good. Also like the Pepperidge Farm Light Style 7 grain bread. It is also only 45 calories per slice.
  • pz5wjj
    pz5wjj Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I love the Food for Life Organic Sprouted Grain breads like Ezekiel bread and 7 Sprouted Grains and the cinnamon raisin with all natural peanut butter on top is my favorite. They are in the freezer section and they are SO good for you!

They have 80 calories per slice and only 5 cals from fat (0.5g per slice), they have 4 g of protein, 15g carbs (3g of which are fiber). They are flourless but not gluten free - although they are lower in gluten than regular bread because they are made with sprouted grains.

Trader Joes also has some really good Sprouted Grain breads, but they're not that close to me.