Eating Late

Options
Ugh so I have been doing good watching what i eat, but because of my work schedule, I'm not able to eat until later. I guess my question is what time is too late to eat because I know its horrible to go to bed on a full stomach?
Also, if any of you have the same problem as me, what do you do??

Replies

• rajekred
    Options
    I can totally relate. I'm done with work by 5 but my husband doesn't get done until 7:30, so I don't eat until then. Its usually a good idea not to eat 3 hour before you go to bed, but I think you're okay if its only 2. Occaisionally, I have to put in a long day and am work until 8 so I take my supper with me and eat it either on my break or at my desk. That helps alot.

Good luck!
  • jrez326
    Options
    I usually make sure i dont eat after 8....gives your body a good amount of time before bed to digest and burn a few more calories!
  • becca1216
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean, but its not that I don't eat dinner early enough I tend to want to eat in the middle of the night. I'm not sure why that is but I've been working really hard on that. I've been to serveral nutrition classes and what I've been told is that it really doesn't matter when you eat as long as you stay within your calories or nutrition guidelines.
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    i dont think your body really cares what time of day it is, and it cannot really tell if you are sleeping or vegging on the couch after dinner, its all the same. The whole idea is to not eat a ton of calories you wont burn off before your body stores them.

My suggestion to you would be if you have to have dinner late, try making lunch your big meal of the day and dinner more of a lunch. that is what I do and it works for me

good luck
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    A lot of what I've seen and read says that it doesn't matter weight wise when you eat. That being said, if eating right before you lay down makes you sick, gives indigestion, etc. Don't eat that late. It'll be a process of trial and error, but eventually you will find what works best for you! Good luck!
  • genann
    genann Posts: 236
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean, but its not that I don't eat dinner early enough I tend to want to eat in the middle of the night. I'm not sure why that is but I've been working really hard on that. I've been to serveral nutrition classes and what I've been told is that it really doesn't matter when you eat as long as you stay within your calories or nutrition guidelines.

Tayner, heres a flower for you, :flowerforyou: I just seen your weight loss ticker and want to say "WOW and congratulations!" :flowerforyou:
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    thanks so much for all of the advice guys! i really like the suggestion of making lunch my big meal of the day so I will have to try that, sometimes I'm just not hungry enough to eat a lot so I guess we will see.
    I hate being on such a weird work schedule, but even if it was normal, my husband's isnt..he gets done at 730!