Anyone overeat when they are tired?

Options
Man I could NOT stop eating today and I think it is because I was tired. Last night my brain just would NOT shut down and I was up most of the night. Today I tried to eat healthy but started early - I was hungry bc I'd been up all night - and just did not have an off switch.

Most days I am perfectly content with my calories but today I totally over-did it.

I'll be going to bed early tonight but just wondering if there are others that have the same problem? What do you do about it? I was so tired I didn't feel like exercise. I guess I just need to chalk this up to a bad day and move on!

Replies

• manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Wow what scary timing. Its nearly lunchtime here in Australia. I brought my lunch to work with me (a healthy salad) but have almost talked myself into getting something out as I'm so tired and 'need' extra food lol.
  • ksavy
    ksavy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    If I do not get enough sleep or try to stay up too late I get horrible munchies. The worst part is I know I am not hungary and would be better off with a nap, but unfortunately can not do that at work.
  • WhoIsAmber
    WhoIsAmber Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I tend to not eat when I'm tired, only because I have to get up, go downstairs and to the other end of the house to get food... then walk back and up the stairs... then go back to wash my dishes... too much work, if I'm tired.
  • mearlie
    mearlie Posts: 224
    Options
    HAHA! I wish I had that sort of thought process but I don't think it through, I just keep thinking I'm hungry. Even though I'm pretty sure all day I was just tired. But I had too many chores to take a nap. I'll get good sleep tonight and hopefully do much better tomorrow. Maybe I'll feel like getting in some extra exercise to make up for my bad day today!
  • I did but now i know how to defeat with moderation not a life of depriving my taste buds.. its working oh and packing my snacks are a must if i dont i get in trouble:glasses:
  • natashaaevans
    natashaaevans Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Happened to me all yesterday after a big night out. I was eating my normal lunch at 9.45am!! I ended up absent-mindedly eating an entire bag of fresh spinach because I wanted the comfort of chewing something. Major chocolate cravings too (which luckily I managed to distract myself from!)). Coffee tends to work well in this situation, if you can't have a nap.
  • jackiebo
    jackiebo Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Yes. It took me a LONG time to figure out that when I'm tired and/or bored, I want to eat.
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    i ate alot when i worked night shift. Mostly to try to stay awake
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Yep, when I'm tired my body tries to compensate for the lack of sleep with more food. I try to make good choices to stay full - whole grains, veggies, and protein - and don't worry too much about the calories. As long as I don't have days like that all the time, I'm good.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I always crave carbs when over tired.
  • kwazii212
    Options
    My body tries to compensate the lack of sleep with atleast an additional 1-1.5 meals a day.... i try not to pull all nighters or get anyless then 5 hours of sleep anymore!
  • sarahsummers12
    sarahsummers12 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Most definitely! I always have a 'hungry hippo' day if I don't get much sleep... and especially for carbs and sweet crap - just trying to find that quick burst of energy I think...
  • MissCarter79
    MissCarter79 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    When I'm tired I want greasy fast food. It never fails.
  • stshelleyb
    Options
    Yup. Right there with you. Tired, frustrated and stressed equals pasta. Gosh, those last few pounds are difficult!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Some of my more severe binges have occurred on days when I got less than 5 hours sleep and was up early morning. Severe cravings for sweet, carby foods, so I try to make sure I sleep enough and get an extra nap later in the day if I need to.
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! Sometimes i'll wake up in the middle of the night and eat a ton. Thankfully i've made better choices, but regardless I still overeat
  • carabela
    Options
    Overeating..our bodies devious way of getting what it wants. Seriously I cRaVe Carbs...bread w/ butter or chips when I overtired.
    For the past few nites.. had myself a great cup of herbal tea..but I snuck a cookie w/ it. Didn't overeat though. one cookie..that's it.
    Yeah everything in moderation and all that.. so they say. I wish you good luck & better day tomorrow. :smile:
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Yup, especially if I'm needing to stay awake. Huge boredom eater.
  • cara4fit
    cara4fit Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Today was one of those days. Yes, when NOT getting enough sleep, it really throws one's appetite off, in the wrong direction, for the wrong foods. Major sweet and carby foods. Usually I'm pretty good, but not on a day when my sleep has been short, like today.:(
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    When I work double shifts, I have to keep eating to stay awake.