2»

Replies

• icreate
    Options
    i try this :explode:
  • ukulele2010
    ukulele2010 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Right now I do sets of 25 for a total of about 150 every other day. I do get a bit bored after the first fifteen.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Right now I do sets of 25 for a total of about 150 every other day. I do get a bit bored after the first fifteen.

Have you tried doing different variations? LIke setting your legs at an incline,then performing the pushup movement?
  • crazy4lulu
    crazy4lulu Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    i am i bang out 100 every morning!!!
  • ukulele2010
    ukulele2010 Posts: 126 Member
    Options

Have you tried doing different variations? LIke setting your legs at an incline,then performing the pushup movement?

I currently do two variations: feet on the ground and inclines (feet on a sofa or chair). I intend to add wider and narrower hand placements as well. I mean, well, I think it is a great exercise and the pushups have helped me increase my strength but I find it boring.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    I won't attempt something like this until I get to my goal weight. Need to gain upper body strength first.
    Maybe around the time that what I can bench is equal to my weight. :bigsmile:
  • waylandcool
    waylandcool Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to give that a try. Thanks for the link.
  • phillips529
    phillips529 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    i am i bang out 100 every morning!!!

Sweet!
  • tamihend
    tamihend Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    When I started the program in July, I had very little upper body strength. I did them off the bathroom counter. My goal was to be able to do 5 floor pushups by the end of the year. When I could do 100 of the counter without stopping, I started the program again doing them off a lower desk but halfway through, I started doing the You Are Your Own Gym program. Now I do a set of 5 floor pushups two or three times a day. I'm amazed at my progress. And I'm way ahead of my schedule!
  • Jose2828
    Options
    Count me in
  • Jose2828
    Options
    Work to 100 with your hands on a table or something
  • Jose2828
    Options
    I won't attempt something like this until I get to my goal weight. Need to gain upper body strength first.
    Maybe around the time that what I can bench is equal to my weight. :bigsmile:
    Stat with your hands on a table or something
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I went through the program a few months ago. It helped me a lot. I went from doing maybe 40 or so to doing 65. I want to try again next year to see if I can get to 100. I'm about to start a 20 pull-ups plan.
  • Gracestar12
    Gracestar12 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    count me in :smile:
  • midmomike2
    Options
    I've done it and it's a great progam that really does work! Don't get too discouraged ... if you need to redo a level,that's ok! just stick to it! You can do it!
  • YoungDoc2B
    Options
    Awesome! Maybe we can make some type of group where we can keep up to date on each others progress?
  • phillips529
    phillips529 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Maybe we can make some type of group where we can keep up to date on each others progress?

Yes...good idea... I was just coming to mention that I just completed D1 W1....
  • YoungDoc2B
    Options
    Group has been started, feel free to invite anyone else who you think may be interested.
  • girish_ph
    girish_ph Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I have started the 100 pushups, 200 squats and 200 crunches challenge. However, I plan to do only four weeks of it - ie. 50 pushups, 100 squats and 100 crunches.

The squats are going like a breeze. The crunches are a little difficult. Pushups is the pain area. After three weeks I am still on day 2. It took me 4 days to reach Day 1, and have spent 3 days on Day 2. Today I'll aim for it again. Lets see.....