My FITBIT Ultra is Here!! Yippee

Options
I think I have it set up properly at fitbit.com, now to do it on MFP. Any advice, tips or comments are greatly appreciated. I'm excited to get it charged and start using it.

Replies

• GwennyH
    GwennyH Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you!!! I LOVE mine! It's my new best friend... I would just say don't always trust the calorie sync. I think mine is far too generous with awarding calories burned: I can't prove it, but I hardly ever eat as much as it says I can and I've been doing great at losing weight! But it's best feature is looking at it throughout the day and knowing whether or not I'm moving enough. I always thought I was more active than I was until I got my Fitbit: it shows me just exactly how active I'm NOT being sometimes. And better than a Personal Trainer because it's with me 24/7. Hope you love it as much as I do!

Oh and P.S. If you want more Fitbit friends, feel free to add me: http://www.fitbit.com/user/23B36Y I need some Fitbit friends!
  • B_Mindful
    B_Mindful Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Check out the Fitbit group -- lots of information there. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1290-fitbit-users
  • marcenepea
    marcenepea Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Okay so I set it up on here also and I noticed that the food I have entered on MFP has transfered to fitbit.com.
    :love: I'm guessing that means its working. Yippee

My first question is: Do I have to leave the base station plugged into the computer its set up to? I put it on my laptop. And if I don't does it have to be plugged in for the fitbit to sync?
  • houstonian
    houstonian Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Is there someone here that has a public diary and is using the FitBit? I'm curious to see how it's logged.
  • marcenepea
    Options
    I just started and I think my diary is open to the public. In the next couple of days feel free to watch mine if you can see it, today it probably wont show anything because I just got it. I am also interested to see how it works.
  • tracyco66
    tracyco66 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you!!! I LOVE mine! It's my new best friend... I would just say don't always trust the calorie sync. I think mine is far too generous with awarding calories burned: I can't prove it, but I hardly ever eat as much as it says I can and I've been doing great at losing weight! But it's best feature is looking at it throughout the day and knowing whether or not I'm moving enough. I always thought I was more active than I was until I got my Fitbit: it shows me just exactly how active I'm NOT being sometimes. And better than a Personal Trainer because it's with me 24/7. Hope you love it as much as I do!

Oh and P.S. If you want more Fitbit friends, feel free to add me: http://www.fitbit.com/user/23B36Y I need some Fitbit friends!

this is what I need...something to blatantly tell me how lazy I am being lol
  • hollin40
    hollin40 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I love mine!!!! I have had it since May and it is awesome! I've reached 1000 flights of stairs and yesterday, I hit my first all time high with steps--I walked 20K steps!! It is awesome! You will love it!!!
  • marcenepea
    Options
    gwennyh I am not sure were to go to find people on fitbit. Any help?
  • Seriousmom3
    Options
    Is there someone here that has a public diary and is using the FitBit? I'm curious to see how it's logged.

i have a public diary and a fitbit...i'e had mine almost a week.
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    You don't have to have the basestation plugged in all the time, however it does need to be plugged in to sync. That's really the only downside I have with it because I'm gone at work all day (and sometimes all night too), and I don't really see my data until I get home and sync. I know some people have taken their basestations to work, I just can't because we're not allowed to use USB devices on work computers and there's no wireless for me to be able to use my laptop.

I hope you like it! I've had mine for almost 2.5 years. My dad heard about it when the company was just starting and pre-ordered it so he was one of the first to use it. I ordered mine a month or two later after I saw how much it helped him. So far I've gone through 2 - one not because it broke but because they came out with the ultra and I wanted it. The other wasn't working right, I troubleshooted with them, and they sent me a replacement when we couldn't fix it. Great company!!

For anyone who's interested, they do have a cheaper version now too. It doesn't count stairs like the ultra and the new fitbit one do, but it syncs with the newer apple products (iphone, ipad). I may consider buying a fitbit one when I upgrade my phone - just to be able to sync at work. :)

Oh, and one more thing. The basestation doesn't have to be plugged into the computer you used to set it up. Any basestation and any computer will work - for example, my fitbit will sync to my account when I'm around my dad's laptop with his basestation.
  • Ashlee2421
    Ashlee2421 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Mines coming in on Friday. I'm more excited for this than I am for Christmas.

Which color did you get?
  • marcenepea
    Options
    Wow thanks AC SL 3, I appreciate all the info. I am learning alot and I'm sure I will have more questions.

I got the black/blue one... I'm surprised at how tiny it is. Please feel free to add me anyone and we can share questions and experiences.
  • thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit. Feel free to add me.