what do you consider a Cheat Day?

Options
is eating two slices of pizza considered cheating? but what if you ate healthy the rest of the day and didnt overpass your 1200calories? its till a cheat day?

Replies

• lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    No, that's not a cheat day.
    A cheat is when you go hog wild, and munch like there's no tommorrow...minimum 3000 calories...minimum.
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    A cheat day is when a person disregards his or her calorie and macronutrient targets.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    that's not a cheat day. if you go over it is
  • jothekid
    jothekid Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I just started a '3 months - no cheat meal' challenge, and if I was to eat pizza and still be under my calorie goal, I would personally consider it cheating, although it's not really! I want to get my calories from stricly healthy food, or as much as I can
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    is eating two slices of pizza considered cheating? but what if you ate healthy the rest of the day and didnt overpass your 1200calories? its till a cheat day?

no that's just a regular day. or, arguably, a light day.
  • bpmartyr
    Options
    Pizza is healthy. All pizza or too much is not. Just like all broccoli and nothing else would be bad. People need to get a grip and stop with the eating disorders lol.
  • Ladyc28
    Ladyc28 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Not at all. You stayed within your calorie count for the day. Fitness pal is here to help you see how many calories you are taking in on a daliy basics not see how fast you can starve yourself.
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I agree with most of the responses...adjusting your calories/intake to balance out an above calorie meal is not a cheat day. I think a cheat day is what it sounds like--a day taking a break from logging and monitoring calorie intake as closely as you are accustomed. I am not sure there is a calorie minimum for this day, and I would not advise going hog wild, just relaxing and eating what looks and sounds appealing to you. If you stuff yourself and eat tons of high calorie foods it could take the rest of the week to just balance it out and you may not make progress. OK for maintenance, maybe, but not if you want to keep losing!

Personally, I try to roughly eat what I might consider maintenance calories on a "cheat day", without worrying but still showing some self-control.
  • Ladyc28
    Ladyc28 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Bpmartyr

People need to get a grip and stop with the eating disorders....I LOVE THIS!!!! agreeing with you 100%
  • Tanimom
    Tanimom Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I hate the word and concept of cheating. We're adults and make choices. There's nothing wrong with making the choice to have a couple of pieces of pizza and then resuming healthier choices. It just involves sane decision making, something I think we're all trying to learn to do.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Absolutly not.

For me it's anything over 1500 which is over 200 over my BMR/Daily Goal unless I work out, in which case it isnt.