Is "a calorie a calorie" if it's alcohol?

Options
If "a calorie is a calorie," why is alcohol able to stop "the burn"? Doesn't that suggest that alcohol calories are NOT just "a calorie"?

Replies

• Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    If "a calorie is a calorie," why is alcohol able to stop "the burn"? Doesn't that suggest that alcohol calories are NOT just "a calorie"?

What 'burn' are you referring to?
  • mehaffeymk
    mehaffeymk Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    i don't know what you're talking about "the burn", but i've been drinking one night a week for the past two weeks and even though I've been within my calorie goal or really close to it, I've stalled out those two weeks and haven't lost anything. And I completely blame alcohol because I weigh everyday and both of those weeks, I saw loss throughout the week right up until the drinking. Boo.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    It is said that when you consume alcohol its beneficial to do it empty or post fast carbs.
    Anything consumed while its in your system gets put on the back burner while the body tries to get rid of the alcohol.
    This leaves a bigger chance for food digested while the alcohol is int he system to get rolled over to storage AKA fat.
    Now if youve been dieting for a while and come out of a diet break with a drink its been said that youll lose a bunch of water weight.
    I really dont feel like testing those waters though.

Happy drinking!