How to handle the Holidays ?

Options
Its nearly that time of year again; Halloween is in a few weeks, followed by Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years. I personally know that it will not be easy for me to stay on top of things. Family + Friends + Food + Fun = a Failed diet :( This being my first time trying this I really want to stay healthy. So I come to you asking for help and advice to prepare myself to TRY and hopefully SUCCEED in surviving the Holidays :)

Thanks Chris :)

Replies

• babydoll315
    babydoll315 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I totally agree. This time of year is the hardest, especially for me as I have a huge problem with sweets and Halloween and the holidays that follow are all about the candy and the baking.

Good luck with your journey! ponohonu... you from Hawaii?
  • acrynne
    acrynne Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I will be interested to see everyone else's tips....

Halloween- There are certain candies that I just don't like (super sour candies, candy corn, and anything with coconut like Mounds and Almond Joy). These are the candies that we will be handing out to trick or treaters.

Thanksgiving- Of the group of us that will be having dinner together this year, I know that one person is also working to change her life. So, I have already talked with her about the two of us taking charge and preparing a meal that we will be proud of and feel good about eating.

Christmas- I am cooking Christmas dinner. So, I feel like my family will have to suck it up and eat whatever I serve... and I will be making something healthy! As for all of the holiday parties, my plan is to drink lots of water and bring a healthy dish to share. If it's not an event where I can bring a dish, I will probably eat in advance.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try to have my weekly cheat day on the day of eating.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Eat within moderation. The whole point is to live life, not shun it. Any sound nutrition or meal wouldn't have the need for cheat days. Food is food. What is important is when and how much you eat.