New Steps

Options
Hello,
My Name is Amber, and i am a 28 year old mother of two, and i am obese. I am five foot five and 264lbs. I have a list of medical conditions that are all my fault , and that i shouldn't have at my age. I am per-diabetic, Hypertensive, high cholesterol, i get migraines any where from 15-30 a month, oh and i get palpitations.

I am embarking on a life saving journey, and i hope that i can find support on this site! I am having gastric bypass surgery this march.

Replies

• cheaton13
    cheaton13 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You are taking the first steps to changing your ways, and that is important. Though I am not a huge fan of gastric bypass surgery I know that each person has to make their choices. (I only say that because so many people get the surgery, but don't learn the eating habits they need to truly need to be healthy. I see many people just each less of the pizza, burgers, sugar, etc that are the cause of of many of those health conditions.) You have the next 6 months to begin to learn those lessons that many of us are struggling with every day.

I wish you luck! If you would like to friend me, I would be happy to provide a bit of support on your journey!
  • AmberErrett
    Options
    Thanks! I would love the support and to friend you!
    Amber
  • Austin_Davidson
    Options
    Hey Amber, it's great to see people like yourself who are young and realize that they can change their lives now instead of letting the years pile on more problems. I hope your positive attitude will continue as you create a more healthy lifestyle, that in turn can even benefit the rest of your family from possibly having similar problems in the future. It's great to set an example for yourself and the people you love. Before your surgery I wish you the best of luck of developing a healthy routine that works for you. (Who knows maybe in that time you won't feel a need for the surgery) Just know that you've got all the support you need to keep you motivated, we're all cheering for one another here!