Crave your cake and eat it too.

Options
How often do you "budget" for dessert, calorically speaking? Once a week? Twice a month? Any given day? Never? As a reward for progress?

Replies

• savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    pretty much every day
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I'd say about six times a week. I'd say seven, but I don't always have dessert in the house so I subtracted a day for times I don't have anything to nom.
  • Suzannejl
    Options
    I don't really budget it a head of time, I just sort of think about it and think about what I'm doing....activity wise. And make different choices that day.
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Once a week I go over my calorie limit by 4 or 5 hundred calories. That's my 'treat of the week'!
    It helps. The anticipation of 'what will it be this week' is luscious. And when I'm done?
    There are only six days to the next one. Woo Hoo!
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I have dessert every day.
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I have something primarily just for taste, rather than nutritional content, almost every day. Some of my treats are quite healthy -- I love fruit. Some are less healthy.
    Earlier in this process I'd have a piece of dark chocolate almost every day -- usually 30-70 calories worth and at least 1 g of fiber. Now I don't feel like it as often. The past couple of weeks I've had a few dinners at friends' houses where they served homemade desserts, and I enjoyed it, but in most situations I eat smaller dessert portions (as well as other foods is smaller portions) than I did before I started tracking on MFP.
    P.S. I'm trying to get away from thinking of food as a reward for anything. So while I can eat more (of all kinds of food) when I exercise and eat less calorie-dense foods, I would not use it as a reward for meeting a fitness goal.
  • Sh00z
    Sh00z Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    each day and I just discovered the 3-2-1 cake. just cant figure out calories..marvelous!
  • nalexxx
    nalexxx Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want as long as I don't go over my tdee deficit
  • Ewaldt
    Ewaldt Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    It just depends. If I want something, (within reason) I will have it, but in small quantities and spaced appropriately (not cake, ice cream, and pizza in the same day or something). I try to fit it into the calories I have worked off, so that I am not going over. I want this to be a life change, and I know that I will never stick to something if I am constantly denying myself things that I am craving, so I have them, and just work the extra calories into my workouts during the week :) Plus it keeps me from binging and eating a million calories on some sad day lol!
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    each day and I just discovered the 3-2-1 cake. just cant figure out calories..marvelous!
    Enter the recipe (but given the recent posting of this recipe, I bet several people have already entered it). When you enter a recipe, MFP will calculate the calories for you.