Stubborn Belly Fat! >:(

Options
I have now lost a total of 52lbs. I still have about 10lbs to go till I reach my goal weight and I think 90% of that is STUBBORN BELLY FAT! Does anyone have any tips or ideas on food and exersise that can help me rid myself of The Belly? Thanks! ;)

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Just keep doing what you are doing...the tummy fat is the last thing to go unfortunely :grumble: But it's really annoying. Doing crunches etc will only help a little as the muscles will be nice and firm under the flab so would be good to do some but the majority will be your diet:)
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Hate to say it but it's true... patience and persistence are the only answers.

I'm in exactly the same place, I'm fairly lean now, but still have a big spare tyre (I know it has shrunk considerably but it is more prominent now that the rest of me is thinner).

I'll just keep pushing away, low caloric deficit, lots of weight training and a little bit of cardio. I just have to keep the faith that over time it will all come off. I'm sure it will.
  • UG77
    UG77 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Give circuit training a try. Burn massive amounts of calories exercising and raise the amount of calories you burn the rest of the day while you're not exercising.
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Thanks people! I have the 30 Day Shred dvd, I'll re-start that and do more strength training! I do lots of cardio already.
    But what about food? What to eat, what to avoid? :)
  • larisabones
    Options
    I am in the same situation! I just finished Insanity and the spare tire is STILL there!!! I've been at this for years and I am still trying to get rid of it.
  • 8Spokes
    Options
    Abs are made in the kitchen. Eat whole foods as much as possible, do your best to eliminate the processed junk. Even with the very limited food selection at a deployed location I manage to eat clean--so you can, too! Muscle eats fat, so it'd help to build a strong core.

I also use the food tab on this site to help me keep track of my calories, fat and protein intake. :) Give it a go and good luck.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Thanks people! I have the 30 Day Shred dvd, I'll re-start that and do more strength training! I do lots of cardio already.

Just eat (mostly) healthy and maintain a low-moderate caloric deficit. As for what you should be eating, protein is very important, especially for muscle repair, and don't skimp on the healthy fats! There is some evidence to suggest that omega-3 can help with nutrient partitioning.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options

The last 10 pounds is hard! Interval training (that's what insanity is, right?) alternated with heavy weight training will get your body ready to shed those pounds.

The rest is diet. You are going to have to find what works for you personally, but in the body building world they focus on lots and lots of protein and avoid grains when dropping to extremely low body fat levels. You don't have to go to the same extremes, but could use their methods to get your body fat to where you want it. Make sure you are eating enough (TDEE -20%).

Also, don't just wait for the scale to start moving. If you notice that what you are doing isn't working, then do something else. It's about results. Usually a stall is going to be because your diet isn't right or you aren't working hard enough (or a combo). The diet can be tricky, as everyone's body is different and responds differently to dietary changes. You've got to listen to your body and do what works for you!

Edited to add:
    If you need ideas for meals, feel free to check out my food diary. I eat high protein, high fiber usually. I start carbo loading tomorrow, so it is going to look a little different for the next few days.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I know bread stuffs bloat me out if I eat too much, I'm ok with one slice but any more then I have problems.
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Make sure you are eating enough
    (TDEE -20%).
    Also, don't just wait for the scale to start
    moving. If you notice that what you are doing
    isn't working, then do something else. It's
    about results. Usually a stall is going to be
    because your diet isn't right or you aren't
    working hard enough (or a combo)

So if my TDEE is 2000 cals I should be eating 1600 cals a day? I do think I work hard, but I may be over-indulging in the wrong types of foods a bit too often! I've been stuck between 138 and 141lbs for ages (currently 139lbs)! I'll try to smarten up my diet and make healthier choices. Thanks everyone! x ;)
  • Jesse_Hunter
    Jesse_Hunter Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    It is a slow process! It is important to remember that when you lose body fat, you lose it everywhere not just in one section. Like others have said your lower belly is just the highest concentration.

I am a big supporter of a paleo style diet, It works wonders.

Good luck!