It's been three days

Options
I'm new to this site. I have used the online Weight Watcher's site before and it was similar. I was not at all committed to WW. I spent a lot of money for very little weight loss. I did not follow the points system very well at all.

I've been putting in everything I have eaten on here for 3 days and oh wow what an eye opener. So far, I'm always at least 400 calories over my daily limit everyday:blushing: . This is going to be a difficult change, but I am ready to try once more. Advice is greatly welcomed.:wink:

Replies

• ppahler
    ppahler Posts: 16
    Options
    Cutting down on fat helps cut a lot of caloies, like low fat or skim dairy products. Fill up on vegetables and fruit. Read nutrition labels and buy cereals and bread with the least amount of sugar and the most amount of fiber. I have been practicing at eating healthy for ten years now. It does not happen overnight, so don't be so hard on yourself! little steps everyday will add up. Eating healthy does get easier, it is just in the choices you make! Good luck!
  • katie_3011
    Options
    Excersise as much as you can! Then you get to eat all the extra calories...yum
  • dzneygurl
    Options
    hi...welcome to MFP...your oing to love the food doary and exercise/calorie tracker. I've been using the food diary for over a week now and its such an opener for me. I still have made some not so great choices in food ut with the caorie counter it helps me to choose better next time. ive oly been over my daily calorie count once. and it also motivates me to exercise more. The more calries i burn the more calorie intake i can have for the day. ggod luck and keep us posted on how things are going.
  • ltatreau
    Options
    I'm new to this site too, and like you have been here before, know that your not alone, but I do find that when I start keeping track of everything I put in my body, I slowly begin to make better choices of what I want to eat. We can do this!