Only Day 4 of 30DS and I feel like a zombie, lol:)

Options
Am I being a complete and utter weakling or what?!! Started 30DS on Monday and found it a tough 20 minutes. On Tuesday I found it much easier. Yesterday and today it's just getting tougher and tougher and I feel so weak each time I do it. My limbs aren't aching as much as they were a couple of days ago but I just feel so fatigued. Mind you, the first 2 days I did it on an evening and yesterday and today I've done it first thing when I've got up. Which is probably why it's a bit tougher. But I usually prefer to do my exercise first thing and get it over with otherwise it quite often doesn't happen at all. I think I'll try having some pasta tonight as it might help tomorrow morning.

And is anyone managing to do other stuff alongside 30DS? I usually run 30-60 minutes each day and I'm managing 20 minutes most and it's a real struggle. But I'm not beating myself up about that, I'm just intent on persevering with 30DS.

But on a lighter note, has anyone noticed Natalie taking sneaky breaks in level 1? Makes me feel better!

Replies

• Kimjanebrooks
    Kimjanebrooks Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Sneaky breaks?? Does she?? will look out for that! Oh and yes that makes me feel soooo much better! I'm normally concentrating too hard on trying to breathe than look or care how they are doing lol!

Gillian Michaels is pure evil.....i'm sure she will be our best friend at the end when we are kicking our butts and our foot is having to go up higher!!
  • Lisamar74
    Options
    Yes, keep a beady eye on that Natalie. When she thinks the camera has moved away from her, she stops moving:) Probably because she's done 8 hours of squats earlier in the day but I like to think it's cos she's just lazy, lol:)
    But no matter how much of a zombie I feel, I'm determined not to give up. I'll sue Jillian when I'm carted off to hospital:) And get liposuction with the settlement:)))))
  • bexxgirl
    bexxgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Consider taking a day off after a couple of days of the workout, then go back to it immediately the day afterwards. Your muscles and your body need time to recover!
  • missxjuicy
    missxjuicy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Its probably because they've been working out all day to tape the video.. it probably took 8 hrs to make it lol. I tried the shred for 3 days, I never made it to day 4 but, I really want to. I did die each time I did it, I was super sore & tired. And I thought I was getting a workout from zumba. Wrong. lol . I can see how first thing in the morning might be harder. Id need a meal or 2 to get me through it.
  • jaimeteague
    jaimeteague Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 8, although I had to have a couple of rest days in there. The push ups in the first circuit are killers! My throat is just getting used to it though, apparently my throat didn't appreciate me growling at shouting at Jillian during the punching section - my thighs were burning!
  • Lisamar74
    Options
    I'm on day 8, although I had to have a couple of rest days in there. The push ups in the first circuit are killers! My throat is just getting used to it though, apparently my throat didn't appreciate me growling at shouting at Jillian during the punching section - my thighs were burning!

Yes, the push ups are a killer. I thought I'd be tough and do them Natalie style the first day. That has never happened again since! I'm with Nadine for push ups:) Hope to get up to Natalie's level by the end - I used to be able to do full push ups last year and I'm mystified now as to how I ever could.
  • Lisamar74
    Options
    Consider taking a day off after a couple of days of the workout, then go back to it immediately the day afterwards. Your muscles and your body need time to recover!

It makes complete sense what you're saying but I have no faith in myself and if I took a day off, it would likely lead to a week:) I've just got to keep at it otherwise I fear I'll fail completely.
  • Bassgirl51
    Options
    When i first started it I hd to stop at times and catch my breath. Just keep doing that if you have too. Eventually you go all the way thru and realize it has become easier and time to move to level two!
  • limico91
    limico91 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It gets better! Im on day 8 of level 2 now. I much prefer level 2! I was walking like an old lady from level one the first few days but it does get better and by day 6 you can definitely tell your fitness has improved! Although I only do it 4/5 days a week, I take one day off for cardio at the gym and another day off for a body conditioning class. Recently Ive also been taking another and a complete rest day since works become hectic. Im still feeling the benefits of it though, keep it up!
  • Lisamar74
    Options
    It gets better! Im on day 8 of level 2 now. I much prefer level 2! I was walking like an old lady from level one the first few days but it does get better and by day 6 you can definitely tell your fitness has improved! Although I only do it 4/5 days a week, I take one day off for cardio at the gym and another day off for a body conditioning class. Recently Ive also been taking another and a complete rest day since works become hectic. Im still feeling the benefits of it though, keep it up!

I've heard a few people say they prefer level 2 so I'm looking forward to seeing what that's like. I'll certainly be ready for the change after another 6 days of this! You're nearly at level 3 now, you lucky thing! Good luck!
  • Iceman1800
    Options
    Don't look for excuses to take time off. Aren't you getting enough sleep? If that's not the issue, add about 50 grams of carbs to your daily amount. Adjust carbs up or down as your energy level dictates.
  • Lisamar74
    Options
    Don't look for excuses to take time off. Aren't you getting enough sleep? If that's not the issue, add about 50 grams of carbs to your daily amount. Adjust carbs up or down as your energy level dictates.

Have I even hinted at the excuse to take time off?? That isn't an option. I'm getting plenty of sleep but you're right, need to increase my carbs.
  • Iceman1800
    Options

Have I even hinted at the excuse to take time off?? That isn't an option. I'm getting plenty of sleep but you're right, need to increase my carbs.
    nope, others were making the excuses. I can see you have a ton of motivation.
  • Lisamar74
    Options

nope, others were making the excuses. I can see you have a ton of motivation.

Thanks:) I usually lose motivation fast but not with this. It's 30 days afterall. And 20 mins a day. If I can't do this I may as well give up altogether:) Think I definately need to up my carbs to get through it though. Thankfully, I don't feel as tired this afternoon as I did this morning. Although I'm sure I'll be hitting the pillow early tonight!