Describe the last meal you ate?

Options
trishtrish84
trishtrish84 Posts: 237 Member
Describe the last meal you ate?

I am currently eating a salad with Iceberg lettuce, fat free mozzarella cheese, carrot sticks, tuna, and zesty italian dressing.
I know its not glamorous but it does taste yummy!

Replies

• zd04
    zd04 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I just had a veg falafel....Homemade soft pita bread. With low cal Chick pea pattie, tahini sauce(don't know exact spelling)!!!!!!!!And lots of cucumber, tomato, cabbage!!!!!!!!
    Was so...yummiiiieeee....and healthy, too.
  • HunterKiller_wechange
    Options
    4 whole eggs, 4 egg whites made into an omlette with cheddar and mushrooms. :)

rsz_cooltext764704302.jpg
    17427511.png
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    8 oz of baked tilapia with roasted potato and a spinach salad with fresh tomato and a vinaigrette dressing.
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I was munching my fruit muesli with low fat yoghurt for about an hour. Couldn't even be bothered with fresh fruit because I have no appetite at all.
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Steak, mash, carrots and peas
  • lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    chicken burger
  • annemckee
    annemckee Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Salmon and prawn filo flan, olives, beetroot, couscous salad and salad leaves with some dressing.
  • hacker1234
    hacker1234 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    About 5 oz turkey breast, brocolli, carrots, mashed potatoes and 2 slices of wheat toast
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    The last meal I ate was a brown rice, veggie, and shredded chicken casserole. I made it because we had Stouffer's Chicken Rice bake a couple of weeks ago. While good, I figured I could make something much healthier. I think I managed that.
  • nevertoolate2
    nevertoolate2 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    chicken breast, onion, cherry tomatoes, madras curry paste, rice, low fat naan bread and one vegetable samosa.
  • kmt1027
    Options
    crock pot chili made it for the whole staff tonight yum almost 6 qts gone coworkers coming back for 4th and 5ths thru the night
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Porridge made with real oats, rhubarb & custard flavoured protein powder and a mix of skimmed milk and water. Stodge, but will keep me going for a few hours and enables me to get in a little morning protein.
  • TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Options
    spinach and feta stuffed chicken breast with a side of zucchini, yellow squash and eggplant parmesan
  • trishtrish84
    Options
    Reading everyones post, I have a question...

When you first started out on your journey, did you eat very simple things like salads, baked chicken breasts, steamed veggies.... and then as you progressed through your journey, you started adding in more complicated foods like quinoa (which I still dont really understand), protein bars and powders... okay well I am still on the simple part so I dont know what else to mention, but you get my point. How and when in your journey did you learn to start doing all of this?
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I just had a veg falafel....Homemade soft pita bread. With low cal Chick pea pattie, tahini sauce(don't know exact spelling)!!!!!!!!And lots of cucumber, tomato, cabbage!!!!!!!!
    Was so...yummiiiieeee....and healthy, too.
    I'm feeling some envy.

I had a chef salad, grapes, and yogurt.
  • TamAD48
    Options
    When I started all I did was rethink how I was eating and also altered the recipes that I was using to make them lower in fat and calories
  • trishtrish84
    Options
    When I started all I did was rethink how I was eating and also altered the recipes that I was using to make them lower in fat and calories

My problem is that I ate way too much fast food. It was convenient. Now, I actually get up a couple of hours early before work and cook my breakfast and lunch. I also grew up eating things like fried pork chops, pan fried potatoes with onions, and sweet corn. I really dont think there is anyway to make any of that healthy lol.
  • TamAD48
    Options
    I used to love to eat like that, but now that I've changed my eating habits I can't even tolerate fried foods anymore. They make me sick to my stomach. Since I work overnights what I do for my lunches for work is pack them before I go in to sleep, and also log it on here. That way I'm sure that I have the right foods and calorie intake for the day. Then when I get up I just have to grab the lunchbag out of the frig and off to work lol